Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got some leaky valve seals, so why not upgrade the head. does anyone know of good shop, especially if they offer some stage choices, my car has very few mods.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live here in Dallas (close to Grand Prarie where that shop is). I've talked to them and a few other shops in this area about reconditioned heads. Most of them are around that same price. Anybody bought from these guys? Happy with the work? I would also like to know where to get good port/polish maybe "stage" work done. Thx.

·
Registered
144 Posts
CHI cylinderheadinternaional 420$ for a perfect head.

that is where i will order if i ever need a head

Bill
buddy bought one it was perfect

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Hmmm...$400 is the average price for a full head rebuild...seems like a good deal.

·
Registered
129 Posts
From my own personal experience, I would not go there on a bet.

Clearwater cylinder heads out of Florida does much better work IMO. google the addy, they are on the web.

Will
98T with a Clearwater reman head

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
Why not just rebuild the head you have now? thats what i did on my car, only costed me $200 (hook up price), thats the cams, valves, 5 angle, resurface, all bolt holes retapped, new seals, and reshimmed... aight peace :chicken:

·
Minor Threat
391 Posts
You staying relatively stock or want to free up some horsepower from that head? Unless you grew up with a guy who works at a machine shop, expect to pay a good bit of coin for any kind of serious, competent port and polish job. A local place here in Md wanted about $700 just for the port and polish. Add the hardware and assembly labor and you can see how this can quickly add up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts