Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, ive been contemplating if anyone would be interested in custom exhuast parts and roll cage kits? Ive got the fabricator experince(and a diploma), tubing bender, welder, and mach-up supra. And by kits i mean, if i was to make a mendral bent exhuast system, and had it in like 3 peices w/ or w/o flanges. Perhaps w/ a eliminated turbo elbow or set up for seperated exhuast n wastegate exhuast..... also i could bend upto a 10 point roll cage, and send it in parts, unwelded. All anyone would need is a welder, and you can install. Also test pipe if you have flanges, and its not illegal last time i checked to sell exhuast kits non commercially without cats. ..i hope. lol.
Let me know though, im not doing them. Just interested to see who would be interested..... LMK!!! - Edited. Better?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
watch out. the mods ere are ruthless pirates and will behead you for such imperfections as to not have read te rules. woopity fricken d00.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
91 chevy s-dime said:
watch out. the mods ere are ruthless pirates and will behead you for such imperfections as to not have read te rules. woopity fricken d00.
:rolleyes: Yes thats exactly their intention... newb :wtf:

The rule is don't advertise your own business unless you clear it with the admins... aka Dusty.

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
good ideas, but i don't think it will be cost effective (for the cage @ least). there's an 8 point avail for $150 or so....

SS just released a bolt up cat-back exhaust for like $300 w/o muffler....if you could beat that you should be good to go....

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey let me re assure u, this isnt a personal biz, i was asking if there was a market, not if anyone wants a kit. I cant even do it yet, so dont think im trying to promote my self.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
limequat said:
You got a mandrel bender? 'scuse me if I'm skeptical...
Heh, believe it or not. All i need to do is anchor 4 7/8" studs in the ground, and buy the dyes. Its manual style. Like with a large swing level. Built it when i was at tech school. All by the specs, and the orignal benders, ive seen build MANDReL bent roll cages, Tube frames, n such. Hand crafted too!

·
Banned
540 Posts
Hey, that car looks farmiliar!:D It's 1 3/4" actually, 2" might looks too bulky and in the way i think. Kinda sucks i don't have the time to make some copies of it:(

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh damn, good idea. It has fittings to screw into the targa tops orignal location? Thatd be easy. Can i get closer shots on how you mounted it in. Have if it lets you hit higher max speed w/ targa top off? its suppose to be like 120 in a auto w/ top off i was told.

·
2,279 Posts
Heh, like 2 days ago I posted a thread for 150 buck 8 point bars and 200 buck 10 point cages for our cars.

An auto will go much faster than 120 with the top off.

Your thread is legal, it's an interest gauge thread. Those are fine.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
id be in if it was quality and cheap... remember the formula though
FAST + CHEAP + RELIABLE = NOT HAPPENING

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MKIIINA said:
id be in if it was quality and cheap... remember the formula though
FAST + CHEAP + RELIABLE = NOT HAPPENING
I thought it went like this:

Fast/Cheap/Reliable
You can only pick two

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
Cz213 said:

Fast/Cheap/Reliable
You can only pick two
thats a saying..his is a formula hence the +'s and = :D

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cz213 said:

Fast/Cheap/Reliable
You can only pick two

Heh, what is there the most intreset for though. Undoubtably its gonna take longer to do larger projects. For example, roll cages would be cheap, take a bit of time, and as long as installed by who ever finally welds them in, would be reliable. All it would req. is tubing, cutting, bending, shipping. But intercooler piping, downpipes and such where requires more fitting and measurements is gonna take longer, plus welding, which most fabricators wont sacrifice quality....You all should get the idea though. Simple things like Targa top x braces, Test Pipes, 4point roll bars n such arnt to hard to produce. But aftermarket parts or custom requirments by the owner will make things more difficult when it comes to first time fittings, and such. But templates can be made for standard kits. Quality + Cheap + Fast depending on the project...

3,796 Posts
How about a metal replacement for the accordian tube?

·
Registered
449 Posts
your first project to get in the door and establish a name for your self would prolly be a downpipe with elbow.....that would be one that i am interested in....
lata
bubs

1 - 20 of 21 Posts