Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be able to get a good deal on a '97 TT/6sp Supra in Japan, and would of course bring it stateside and legalize it. If I did, I wanted to know if anyone would be willing to trade a decent TT Targa 6SP for it, or would be willing to buy it. Just testing waters at the moment to get an idea for the demand on JDM HTs.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Before you begin testing the waters for demand on JDM Supras, you might want to test the waters for legalizing them for use in the US.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Its hard. Unless you fool with vins. However, if u can do it. I am sure several people wouldnt mind have a 97 HT.

·
Registered
678 Posts
MoogieBoogie said:
Before you begin testing the waters for demand on JDM Supras, you might want to test the waters for legalizing them for use in the US.
LOL

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
MoogieBoogie said:
:doh:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
who cares of if hard tops are more rare, you cant beat the targa in the good weather period.

·
11,221 Posts
Huh...? Why do you want to buy that Jap spec car and trade or sell it for a US spec car? Why not just buy a US spec car to begin with?!?!

-----

Also off topic. Man the weather has been ok lately. I took my top off 2 days ago and have left it off. I get many compliments on my car. It's funny because no one ever say shit before when I have my top on.

·
Registered
435 Posts
This must be the dumbest comment of the day. Take a wild guess why he just can't buy a good condition US spec hard top.

Do you really think he'll resort to a fancy Jap spec trade, if he could just buy the car he wants in the US (for the price he wants)?

H

·
0 Posts
tell you the truth i have a auto tt, id trade, id like a right side drive to go with a us spec supra, that way i can drive on the left on off days and on the right on on days hehehe :lol:

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
i would trade....

but if I wanted to, I could get a rhd 6speed for $30 k legalized :)... or $20 k for an na :)

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Supradedupra said:
i would trade....

but if I wanted to, I could get a rhd 6speed for $30 k legalized :)... or $20 k for an na :)
lol 30k .. you are getting rob ;) I can get it for much MUCH less :)

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
Why do all these people think they can just bring a car in to the US and drive it around legally? :blah:

·
-insert creative remark-
478 Posts
I don't have a targa and none of my 3 Supras that I've owned have been...so I'm not much help in answering your question. Sorry.

I wouldn't mind having a JDM Supra though. Good luck with your idea, it's going to be an expensive one.

·
SupraStore.com
2,134 Posts
Supra GTR said:
And that's exactly why hard tops have a better advantage.... oh besides having a stiffer chassis...etc.etc.etc. :stickpoke

Regards,
James R
Actually, I've heard that with the targa on, targas have a bit stiffer chassis. With it off however, HT's definetly have better chassis.

I wouldnt trade my car for ANYTHING anytime soon. I would rather it be hardtop though. I've owned it a month and still havent taken off the top.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Orion ZyGarian said:
Actually, I've heard that with the targa on, targas have a bit stiffer chassis.
Nope. Not even close (at least on the mk3). Drive a targa car (roof on/off) over a speedbump at an angle. Watch the corner of the windsheild move. Then drive a hardtop.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts