Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to take my 2jz out and have it built....just wondering if you guys want to post your OPINION on whos the best and your OPINION on whos the most cost effective.

I'm NOT building this for crazy HP like some supras are. i want to build this car for road racing so i don't think i'll need a lot. But even if i set up my engine for 600 HP..it will still be nice to know that even though maybe a little "overdone?" my engine will last for many many races. It's also nice to know that if i wanted to i could up the boost and do a drag run here and there too. Anyway...what do you guys think?

Who would you send it off to and do you know how much?

Cougar

PS I was thinking boring it out, rods, pistions, sleeves....the works pretty much.

·
Eye Kandy For Enthusiasts
1,091 Posts
RREV Motorsports is a really good shop, they are working on my car right now. They are in Portland Oregon.

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
What part of AZ are you in? Obviously it would be easier to find someone closer to home like WOTM or Virtual Works for example.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Contact Engine Logics www.enginelogics.com Ask to speak to Chris the owner and he is probably one of the most skilled engine builders. He has worked with professional racing companies for more than 20+yrs. He is the man. When its time to build mine, I would not think twice about sending it to him.

·
It's all ball bearings...
889 Posts
CougarDS: if you're in AZ, Obiwan is not too far away in NM. He is well respected and got me a built head recently faster than anyone else could. Shoot him an email at [email protected] and see what he has to say. Otherwise, Titan is further away (FL), but great as well. I have a TMS street shortblock and they were great to deal with. Good luck with your decision.

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
I have built motors in stock and can install if you need.... My motors that I sell are all Titan Motors

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Jeff street and sport in simi valley california. There were no Supra builders close by to me, so I consulted the next best thing. Old school muscle car builders! Built my block and did my head for a half the price the big shops were quoting! Maybe even less! I don't want take anything away from the big Supra shops, but I wanted to be nearby where my motor was being built. Dynoextreme and Justin Nenni commented on how Stout the motor was and coming from Justin, I took that as a great compliment. I have 2000 miles now on the motor and I think my numbers that I was able to accomplish, speaks for itself. These guys not knowing Supras, put all there knowledge and kept me in touch with everything they did and applied it to my motor. I may have been their first Supra but what they have learned from building engines for over 30 years definitely helped in the outcome of my motor.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
from what your plans are, i dont see a reason to go crazy with upgrades...no need for sleeves...maybe rods and pistons and thats it...stock bottom ends can handle 700HP..i highly recommend chrisK at enginelogics.com to do your head though...he does awesome P&P work and has a flow bench to do before and after. He is doing my buddies 3S-GTE All-Trac right now...drop in some cams and you are good to go....

·
Registered
603 Posts
Titan all the way... My motor has been in my car for over a yr now. It was built , tuned etc at Titan by Darin.. I can't explain you the reliability of this motor at over 1000rwhp of abuse.. Thanks to Darin, Nero, Bottle and my good friend Sean there.. Much respect to them

Sherbaz

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so it looks as though Titan is the most favored. How much would it cost (ballpark) to send my block off and have it bored out a little bit and get forged internals? Do i want to bore it out?

Also how much for head work...and would i want to do anything to the valve train?

I want to build this motor with intentions of one day having upwards of 800 to 900 rwhp and i don't want to do the engine and headwork for road racing (350 - 450hp) and then have to rework the block and head when i'm ready to go to 900. Also...at what point shout i consider sleeves? Should i get the 3.4 stroke kit considering my future plans?? Is it work $8K???

Also, with the engine out, is there anything else besides the tranny and rest of the powertrain i should do at that time?

Thanks
Coug

·
Working Hard for Stroker!
215 Posts
i heard the top of the line is Titan motorsports and i believe it's the best. i'm getting all the work done 4 $14000 w/ polished engine bay and everything

1 - 20 of 35 Posts