Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wtf do you have to do?

Bitch ass power hungry cop cited me for modified smog/tinted windows. He didn't even put tinted windows correctable!

He also said if I change anything right now before I go to the ref, he will personally go to my house and tow my car. fuckin' dick.

So what are all the steps to this fuckin' headache? Sorry guys I am pissed...

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
I've been there.

Basically, if you go to the state ref, your car will probably have to be bone Stock with a capital 'S' to get out of there clean.

If I got state reffed with my car at this point, I wouldn't even bother trying to fix it. It would be time to sell the car or part it out :sad:

·
Living the dream...
539 Posts
I can't understand how you people live out there...

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
It's a love/hate relationship, Mike. :sadance:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its alright, I am just not gonna go to the ref and go to court and show papers. HKS mega flow is carb legal, he has nothing on me besides the car(but gonna swap out the stock) and maybe the exhaust. gotta call HKS on monday and confirm if the HKS CF Ti is legal. Besides that, hide my boost controller.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
ive read on some 240sx forums that you can just pay the fine, ($300?) and not even go to the referee station. You might want to research that though.

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
i heard that if you pay that fine, its like a get outta jail card. but next time they get you you either have to back to stock or sell your car.

·
Registered
341 Posts
state ref.

ive had MULTIPLE run ins with this situation personally.
If your car is not too extremely modified (i.e. BPU), it wouldnt take that long to bring it back to stock. If you were anywhere further than that (say BPU++ or APU) go ahead and just pay the fine.

As for the previous statement about you can only do it once, generally thats incorrect. My first state ref citation i paid off for several hundreds. Not sure how bad it was but i remember it was being at least doubled the $300 fine quoted above. My second time around with the state ref situation, my fine was near 500-600 dollars. Either way, paying off the fines to me were more beneficial than wasting so many hours in the garage putting it back to stock and then putting back to APU.

GL and dont stress too much about it.

Happy Boostin' :bigthumb:

·
Registered
952 Posts
i got a state refee back in feb and I just paid my ticket. It was 600 bucks. :( he got me for modified smog and exhaust (it was correctable). I'm thinking because he put down the exhaust and smog, that it was 600 bucks. It sucks paying it but i figure i save me some headache and wasted time. hopefully i don't get pull over again, knock on wood. good luck and damn the cops

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That sucks man, sorry to hear that. I hope mine isnt that much. I just got the modified smog. He didn't specify on what I had.

·
i always say toyota !
2,761 Posts
that cop is crazy, and he didnot know what he was saying. you have to turn back to stock before going to the state ref.

i had custom cat back exhaust. the state ref. didnot say anything about it. it was in bayarea alameda of college.

·
4 T's and an X
2,126 Posts
Sounds like they didnt have his favorite doughnut. Plus, how can he come on your private property and tow your car. What an ass. Good luck with the ref. They will do a visual and smog so the b/c may not work. I guess it would depend where your vacuum hoses are connected

·
Banned
1,727 Posts
Frank why do u have a pic of a Silver Supra here your is still green right??? Did you buy another one..???? lol

TT Tercel said:
Sounds like they didnt have his favorite doughnut. Plus, how can he come on your private property and tow your car. What an ass. Good luck with the ref. They will do a visual and smog so the b/c may not work. I guess it would depend where your vacuum hoses are connected

·
What You Know About That
3,654 Posts
When I had to go to the ref last month, my intake was legal as was my exhaust. According to them, an intake doesn't need an EO number as long as the stock piping is kept. And for the exhaust, as long as there is a cat it should be legal. I don't have any other modifications so I didn't have to worry about anything else, except for hiding my AFC.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The place I went would not smog my car because the intake did not have a carb #. Exhaust should be ok since its for sound supression

·
Registered
885 Posts
SagaSupra said:
state ref.

ive had MULTIPLE run ins with this situation personally.
If your car is not too extremely modified (i.e. BPU), it wouldnt take that long to bring it back to stock. If you were anywhere further than that (say BPU++ or APU) go ahead and just pay the fine.

As for the previous statement about you can only do it once, generally thats incorrect. My first state ref citation i paid off for several hundreds. Not sure how bad it was but i remember it was being at least doubled the $300 fine quoted above. My second time around with the state ref situation, my fine was near 500-600 dollars. Either way, paying off the fines to me were more beneficial than wasting so many hours in the garage putting it back to stock and then putting back to APU.

GL and dont stress too much about it.

Happy Boostin' :bigthumb:

make's me feel better. i'd rather pay the damn fine.

thanks for all the info guys. good thread.

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
I ended paying about 400 hundred dollars so I didn't have to go to the ref. There is also a long story behind it but to make it short I got NOS, intake, exhaust, no front plate, and tinted windows which was about 400 dollars back in 2002. I blew it off since I had three tickets in one week in shitty SanDiego and had to go the judge after letting them all go and I had to pay a total of 1200 which is about 400 dollars. But I defintley know that the notice in the mail said 401 to be exact.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Agreed. I am sure it's coming for me.
So I need to make sure I can fit a cat in when I get my exhaust done..
God the rest of the car is so unstock....
Damn moving from FLA...I could go completely back to stock and still get pulled over for my cage.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts