Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
So Shiva you have the whole kit or just the Manifold? Let us know how it goes. I've already heard pretty good things on the Manifolds and Intercoolers. I'm wondering about the whole kit and kaboodle.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yeah I have just the manifold. I mean their kit is what, a turbo, manifold, wastegate, and a few mandrel bends that they call their downpipe.

I would stay away from the turbos, I've heard some bad stuff about them. There are pics online of several with the compressor housings split in two. There's a thread on a honda forum or something about several people needing to have their turbos balanced. Another about the comp. housin clearance being way too large.

It might be ok with a balancing, but then again it might not. They are supposedly Master Power factory rejects, so there could be a number of things wrong with them. Also the wheels don't seem to be Garrett ones, but imitations of a similar size. I don't see this as being a big problem necessarily. But it might be a good idea to see if the dims on the turbine wheel match, to make sure different sized ex. housings made for Garretts will work.

And besides, there are good turbos available for $4-500. Used bigger t3/t4 hybrids with 60-1 or 62-1 wheels and stage V turbines would fall in the lower end of that range. New ones would be maybe $6-700. I mean new Master Powers are about $550... T61, 60-1 equivalent compressors, turbines supposedly similar to P trim, available with a variety of exhaust housings... then there are Gt40 journal bearing turbos for $7-800 that could work pretty nice.

Some of them are available cheaper with the smaller compressor and a large ex. housing. Cheaper than that there are the larger T04B and T04Es with P trim exhaust wheel for a number of truck applications. Get a smaller P trim exhaust housing and it should work ok for a pretty low power single. Otherwise wait around for a used ts04, t61, maybe even a t78. Or you might be able to find a Holset HX35 or HX40 if you want to go that route. In any case, if you aren't looking for a huge amount of power you have a number of alternatives to the ebay turbos

Shiva

·
Registered
313 Posts
if you seriously think about it. 250$ for an ssautochrome mani compared to 2000$ high priced mani. if you look at what people have problems with. it is simple to fix. the welds crack (have it rewelded) cheap fix. put a flex pipe on your exhaust and that takes alot of weight off of the mani. and also put braces on it as you have seen before. people always get on here and complain when they dont try it. all metal is bound to crack when you run extreme temperatures and alot of weight/stress on it. so use common sense and you wont have a problem

·
Will work for Supra parts
624 Posts
Onelove, you've got anb awesome looking engine bay. Very clean and polished. Nice. :D

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Espeefan said:
Onelove, you've got anb awesome looking engine bay. Very clean and polished. Nice. :D

It has just begun :)

I'm taking everything out in a few months when I am too busy to enjoy, everything aluminum will be chromed. I've got a carbon plug cover and fuse cover on the way, and I'm going to try and simplify a few more things. I've been watching one too many Hot Rod Buildoffs on Discovery.

·
Banned
865 Posts
Wait, regarding the kit, does the exaust manifolds propertly fit the GE? I remember someone saying that the manifolds from the gte and ge are different.

Maybe this kit might be good for a cheap ass NA-T project if the manifolds line up.

·
Registered
833 Posts
onelove, what size turbo are you running on your car?

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
From what I understand, the GTE and GE exhaust ports are different and a manifold made for one, will not line up with the other.

Begone,
I talked with Ken yesterday and am in.... Dunno exactly when, but once you figure out the details and get something in writing (maybe). Let me know.

Again,
Anyone here have the whole kit yet (installed)? I am looking to get a kit, do a write up, dyno, etc... So, hopefully somone else is already headed down this same path.

E

·
Banned
400 Posts
im thinking about buying the whole kit and using what parsts are good of it,

i can see the turbo isnt good for power,.

but shit, for 1100 bucks, intercooler , manifold ,. wastegate flanges, thats enought savings to buy another turbo lol

·
Banned
865 Posts
onefastsupra said:
im thinking about buying the whole kit and using what parsts are good of it,

i can see the turbo isnt good for power,.

but shit, for 1100 bucks, intercooler , manifold ,. wastegate flanges, thats enought savings to buy another turbo lol
How much would that bootlegged T4 turbo put out anyways

·
5,059 Posts
It won't fit the GE

idrewfelix said:
Wait, regarding the kit, does the exaust manifolds propertly fit the GE? I remember someone saying that the manifolds from the gte and ge are different.

Maybe this kit might be good for a cheap ass NA-T project if the manifolds line up.

·
MKIV owner since 1996
2,869 Posts
I'm using the EBAY manifold, Wastegate, and intercooler on my 1994 6 Speed Supra with 57,000 miles.. I also bought the polished aluminum Ebay intercooler pipes for $120.00 and made them work with a little chop sawing. My car is running a custom 1000cc fuel system and a PTE 76mm turbo with MAP ECU and N20 along with meth / water injection. All spent I have under $8,000 in mods and I'm shooting for 800+ RWHP I've also installed a PLX wideband and fed the MAP ECU with the wideband 02 signal, I'm going for a stock look inside the car to the only hint of any mods in the interior will be a Blitz DTT for boost readings and Turbo Timer and the wideband display.

Mods are:

SSAUTO CHROME KIT: 1100.00 included turbo (I'm Selling) manifold, HKS Style wastegate, 4" intercooler, flanges, gaskets, large BOV, and many misc items I never used

Used PTE 76mm turbo $800

Ebay Intercooler Pipes: $120.00

PLX Wideband: $325.00

Blitz DTT $120.00

Custom Fuel System with Precision 1000cc injectors $1700.00

Map ECU $720

SMC Meth Kit $350.00

N20 Wet Kit (Had it already)

then I have Blitz 03 wheels, Wings west lip, europe hood scoop, 315's on the rear and a custom downpipe / midpipe along with Apex GT Exhaust

Total I'm about 8K in I think with everything.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
My roomate has it...........the turbo he says is junk and had to be rebuilt right away but it was put together so poorly that it was just cheaper for him to buy a new turbo............everything else though fit pretty good.........he is upgrading though

·
Registered
313 Posts
hey brotha how is your wastegate working. does it hold out good?
AdamGamz said:
I'm using the EBAY manifold, Wastegate, and intercooler.. I also bought Ebay intercooler pipes for $120.00 and made them work with a little chop sawing. My car is running a custom 1000cc fuel system and a PTE 76mm turbo with MAP ECU and N20 along with meth / water injection. All spent I have under $5,000 in mods and I'm shooting for 800+ RWHP

·
MKIV owner since 1996
2,869 Posts
I'll let you know by next week, my car is in the muffler shop getting a custom 4" exhaust now.

·
MKIV owner since 1996
2,869 Posts
All custom, Eric at Auto Tuner is building my downpipe and midpipe, we should have the bends and flanges by Thursday.

21 - 40 of 123 Posts