Supra Forums banner
41 - 60 of 123 Posts

·
Supratruck Pilot
881 Posts
I hope others have better luck with their ebay "HKS relica" wastegate than I did. Mine stuck the first time it opened. I'm taking it apart tomorrow to see what happened. Needless to say, I'm not very impressed so far. However, my ebay manifold and intercooler are holding up well :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
thanks alot brotha. i am going to get the manifold today. i am still debating on the wastegate. were you able to fix it after it stuck open? why did it stick open?
DLC said:
I hope others have better luck with their ebay "HKS relica" wastegate than I did. Mine stuck the first time it opened. I'm taking it apart tomorrow to see what happened. Needless to say, I'm not very impressed so far. However, my ebay manifold and intercooler are holding up well :)

·
Supratruck Pilot
881 Posts
An update on the wastegate for anyone interested. I took it apart last week and found no problem. The valve seems to move smoothly and freely. I'm hoping it was just a fluke. I made over 20 dyno pulls this weekend and it (and the manifold) held up well with no problems.

·
Registered
313 Posts
DLC said:
An update on the wastegate for anyone interested. I took it apart last week and found no problem. The valve seems to move smoothly and freely. I'm hoping it was just a fluke. I made over 20 dyno pulls this weekend and it (and the manifold) help up well with no problems.
How much horsepower were you running?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Jaxx said:
So the general consensus, is that the turbo itself is crap but the rest of the kit holds up ok?
ya i ordered the manifold and i will order the waste gate now. but the turbos are no good.

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
AQuick6 said:
A 4-bolt flange is a 4-bolt flange
Not neccessarily, on the 7MGTE (Mk3 Supra) manifold there are fitting issues. For example a PT67 compressor housing will hit the first runner. You need to get an adapter made, after that it works ok. Some manifolds also hit the oilfilter body, needing an oil filter relocation kit.

·
1 ur Mom warned U about
657 Posts
*suscribing*

Definately interested in what everyone's input is on these kits. I am looking for a single kit & if there are good reviews on these ebay kits well then I might just give it a shot. Anyone bolt up a 67mm turbo to these manifold's? Any issues?

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
H_a_D_e_S Anyone bolt up a 67mm turbo to these manifold's? Any issues?
I have and no issues whatsoever.

·
ΣΦE Member
1,230 Posts
Ditto...seems like it would still be cheaper than anything else...even if you bought a new turbo...you could sell that piece to some local ricer and they would like totally freak out...haha

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
H_a_D_e_S said:
*suscribing*

Definately interested in what everyone's input is on these kits. I am looking for a single kit & if there are good reviews on these ebay kits well then I might just give it a shot. Anyone bolt up a 67mm turbo to these manifold's? Any issues?
.....Not gonna give ya too much info yet, except that I have a WHOLE kit on the way (should be in tomorrow). I will be doing a step-by-step write-up, dyno, and review.

For the price it's a worthwhile pursuit. I will begin with stock fuel/electronics as a baseline and go from there, performing dynos after each upgrade/step.

I can't tell ya much more yet, 'cause this is actually the result of someone else's work (to get the kit). Once I have the results etc... he'll be the 1st to know and distribute the "unbiased" info...

So... I just wanted to chime in and say that if you're planning to get a kit, hold on if ya can.... ACTUAL results/info is on the way....

·
1 ur Mom warned U about
657 Posts
94Silver - that's good news. :) have you dynoed your car? If so mind sharing the numbers. Also you just got the manifold? Or the whole kit? Can you post your setup if possible (what wastegate,turbo,etc..). What kind of boost have you ran with this mani?

Satan said:
.....Not gonna give ya too much info yet, except that I have a WHOLE kit on the way (should be in tomorrow). I will be doing a step-by-step write-up, dyno, and review.

For the price it's a worthwhile pursuit. I will begin with stock fuel/electronics as a baseline and go from there, performing dynos after each upgrade/step.

I can't tell ya much more yet, 'cause this is actually the result of someone else's work (to get the kit). Once I have the results etc... he'll be the 1st to know and distribute the "unbiased" info...

So... I just wanted to chime in and say that if you're planning to get a kit, hold on if ya can.... ACTUAL results/info is on the way....
Sounds good. I am in no hurry, I will wait for the writeup and results. Thanks for all the help. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
94Silver- Are you running the 40mm "eBay" wastegate also? How does it control boost etc? I bought one of the manifolds and the wastegate tube is ported rather shitty on the collector. It will need alot of work to open it up to its true size. Did anybody else clean up the "snot" and port the collector before installing it? To me it looks like a good manifold, and as long as the wastegate design controls boost well, it should be an inexpensive option to the "designer" manifolds out there.

Jason

·
Registered
313 Posts
HotSoup said:
94Silver- Are you running the 40mm "eBay" wastegate also? How does it control boost etc? I bought one of the manifolds and the wastegate tube is ported rather shitty on the collector. It will need alot of work to open it up to its true size. Did anybody else clean up the "snot" and port the collector before installing it? To me it looks like a good manifold, and as long as the wastegate design controls boost well, it should be an inexpensive option to the "designer" manifolds out there.

Jason
i have the manifold and the 50mm wastegate on the way i will hook an sp66 turbo onto it. will post pics and a write up

·
Registered
999 Posts
Im really looking forward to hearing some real info on these kits. When those of you who have purchased the kit install it, let us all know! Including pics, vids and dyno sheets. :D

41 - 60 of 123 Posts