Supra Forums banner
61 - 80 of 123 Posts

·
To Go Beyond
1,143 Posts
This is awesome.

I was planning on purchasing this kit in the near future as well mainly for the intercooler, manifold, and wastegate, with concerns about the turbo's reliability.

I emailed the seller and he said the manifold was warrantied for life and the turbo for 90 days. When you think about it though, most companies will only warranty a turbo for about the same amount of time.

I had a Turbonetics turbo at one point with a year warranty and the shit went bad quick as well. Even with the warranty they gave me a hard time and were very reluctant to replace it. They also tried to blame me for the turbo falling apart when it was clearly a manufacturer's defect (it was internal). Long story short, once it was replaced (not really, they sent back the same turbo "rebuilt" they say), it failed within a couple hours. I had them refund the entire purchase price and any future transactions with Turbonetics and/or my friends has been severed.

I'll definately be awaiting the results on this setup.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
I just won a 50mm HKS clone wastegate and manifold from Ebay. It's for the 7M but when I get them installed in the near future I'll let you know how it turns out :)

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Surpass said:
I had a Turbonetics turbo at one point with a year warranty and the shit went bad quick as well.
I am glad someone's chimed up about how even a reputable company's product, can also have issues. I've "heard" of it, but wasn't gonna say anything unless I could verify (which was my intent with this thread... ONLY factual info provided, avoiding opinions).

The IC and manifold came in yesterday....the remaining items are expected today. They were all shipped Friday the 6th... at least shipping is quick!

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
I think everyone is missing the fact, that no matter how good the kit turns out to be, what good is it if you cant get in touch with the owners.
This is how bad the comunication is with those guys. I bid and was the high bidder on there ebay auction, time came to pay since Im close enough to pick it up, i tried to get in touch with them but to no avail. FInaly a month of so goes by, I get something from ebay saying I didnt pay for the item. I tell ebay my story, another week or so goes by and ebay emails me back saying they couldnt reach them either so the case was closed.

G

·
Thats what separates companies like Boost Logic from crappy ebay vendors. You pay for the product and get top service in return. I guess its a risk you take to save a some money.

·
To Go Beyond
1,143 Posts
slither said:
I think everyone is missing the fact, that no matter how good the kit turns out to be, what good is it if you cant get in touch with the owners.

They have not missed replying to one of my emails yet. I have sent and received at least 10 emails from this company. Sorry you have been having bad luck. :dunno:

·
To Go Beyond
1,143 Posts
Satan said:
I am glad someone's chimed up about how even a reputable company's product, can also have issues. I've "heard" of it, but wasn't gonna say anything unless I could verify (which was my intent with this thread... ONLY factual info provided, avoiding opinions).

Check out the following link. I went off listing just SOME of the issues I had with them. Here's the link:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208943 :die:

·
To Go Beyond
1,143 Posts
Since the above mentioned link, I have swapped over to the twin turbo motor which I wish I would have done in the first place. I was just gathering all parts together to go BPU, currently looking for a larger FMIC I saw this kit and now here is where I stand, awaiting the test results. :run:

·
To Go Beyond
1,143 Posts
Lol. I kept bugging them about the quality of the parts in the kit and here is the last response I got from them.

"Well we don't "take" our customers to the cleaners like most do - we don't drive Lexxus or Mercedes - we don't eat Lobster for lunch and we don't OVERCHARGE so that we can afford that summer vacation on a cruise. We eat sandwiches for lunch and wear shorts to work. We stand behind our products and it works for us and the customers." SSAUTOCHROME

--Take it as you may.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I have communicated with SSautochrome a few times. They are very prompt in replying to emails. The only concern that some may have is the inability to contact these guys over the telephone. But they're probably so busy they don't have time, or not making enough money (right now) to hire somone qualified to answer questions.

As soon as their products get the respect, if it is deserved, then I think we'll see a different company in the near future. I bet right now with how their products are sooo affordable, they are really trying to keep down the overhead. Wether it's smart or not, they don't seem to be lacking from the response or interest people have for their products.

I really hope that these products prove to be reliable and of quality. It'll only make things better for all of us.

Prediction: If the products are good major vendors will carry and advertise these products and kits for SSAutoChrome, and they will never have to talk to customers - just make good quality goods.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Prediction: No vendor will carry any parts with the SSAutochrome name. They may carry something manufactured by the guys that build FOR them but anyone who would buy from these clowns is asking for it! Yeah, they return E-mail today, and maybe they are being nice to you NOW, but have a peek at how they react to people who have had issues with their stuff in the past -> http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=www.ssautochrome.com&Dirn=Received+by

And oh yeah I HAVE posted this before. These guys act like children and the only reason their approval is so high on EBAY is because they sell SO many parts and because if you don't give them positive feedback they ding you - they hold feedback hostage. Read the link, buyer beware. Rolling the dice with these guys IMO...

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
You may have had a bad experience with them, and maybe many others. But CRAP, 25 THOUSAND feedbacks. So your telling that they're that bad of a company that 25 thousand people would have commented or possibly purchased something from them? Their in the wrong business if they can be that bad and nobody is catching on yet......they need to be in the PR business for Famous people.

But seriously, obviously most of their business is from referrals. Cause I don't know anyone that's going to do some serious searching for Turbo Kits on Ebay, and if they do, they probably know a little on what to look for.

I wouldn't give SSAutoChrome the time of day if I searched in Ebay and they popped up. But were talking about them here on this forum.....

·
To Go Beyond
1,143 Posts
begone said:
I have communicated with SSautochrome a few times. They are very prompt in replying to emails. The only concern that some may have is the inability to contact these guys over the telephone.

I really second that! I cannot stand not being able to speak with another human life form on the other end of a transaction taking my money from me. I feel so helpless and weak without as much contact information or ability as possible. Ya dig? :sad:

·
To Go Beyond
1,143 Posts
OMG you all need to read some of these negative feedbacks that BLKMGK linked. I cannot believe how defensive and even very childish some of the companies resposes are.

DEFENSIVE FEEDBACK QUOTES FROM SSAUTOCHROME: :hsugh:

"PUNK", "LIAR", "PUKE FACE", "PISS ANT", "MORON", "DIMWIT CHILD", "GIMP", "THIS CHILD IS A WHINNY LITTLE BABY THAT NEEDS TO BE BREAST FED", "RETARDO"...... just to list a few OMG! :eek2:

Come to think of it, they have been pretty short and blunt with me as well... although not this bad, but I could certainly believe it. :rolleyes:

And true it is only 400+ out of 20,000+ sales that went negative, but 400 of 20,000 is a good 2% of sales. That is high in my books, low in others. :eek3:

Also you must take into account, what one person thinks is good another may not. Someone may just be really stoked about their parts with no prior experience (all new to them, therefore its "awesome"). Someone more concerned with things such as true all around performance (as I hope you all here are) would see deeper into this. Then again there are always people who can never be satisfied. :dunno:

So many ways to look at it. :stickpoke

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
slither said:

Thing still is... there are various kits, sources, suppliers.... we still can't lump them all in one review/opinion. The kit I ordered, arrived within 4 business days after payment.

Seeing some of the other issues with other suppliers (fitment, addtl costs for missing items, etc), for high-priced kits that can be installed by mechanically inclined ppl, still makes me wonder why there's such a huge $$ difference. Seems like the usual "paying for the name."

I'll be sure to document everything as we go.... some things, like fitment and minor modifications to install it, seem to be common enough amongst all vendors/sources. May actually be "what to expect" in any kit... much like when you order a bodykit... professional installation is always recommended for similar reasons...

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
The only difference with them emailing you and not me was location. I think HotSoup also had the same problem, and we both just happen to be local(if it wasnt you hotsoup, disreguard that, but it was someone else local)

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
begone said:
You may have had a bad experience with them, and maybe many others. But CRAP, 25 THOUSAND feedbacks. So your telling that they're that bad of a company that 25 thousand people would have commented or possibly purchased something from them? Their in the wrong business if they can be that bad and nobody is catching on yet......they need to be in the PR business for Famous people.

But seriously, obviously most of their business is from referrals. Cause I don't know anyone that's going to do some serious searching for Turbo Kits on Ebay, and if they do, they probably know a little on what to look for.

I wouldn't give SSAutoChrome the time of day if I searched in Ebay and they popped up. But were talking about them here on this forum.....
Again, and has been noted by others, STRONGLY suggest reading how they treat others on EBAY. This is ONGOING too, not something that has just occured months ago. Yes, they have lots of positive feedback however they hold feedback hostage and honestly most people are too quick to provide good feedback when the box arrives. The EVO and Honda communities have both had documented experiences with these guys and I think the Miata guys have too. If the parts fit and work then terrific but be aware you are buying frmo a company who treats customers like crap and be careful. also, if they are using the "Stone Mountain" W/G be VERY careful. I know one person who had their's stick on it's first use! I also had another friend who disassembled his and found that the valve inside was poorly made - the shaft wasn't smooth (poor machining) and the shaft was OFFSET to the head of the valve :dunno: He said that other than that one badly machined part the rest of it was good stuff but umm, that part is a bit critical don't ya' think? :stickpoke:

This isn't a matter of my having had a bad experience, I've not been stupid enough to touch that live wire. It's a matter of this company treating MANY people like CRAP and whether or not we ought to be supporting them. There are other companies selling stuff on EBAY that is likely just as "good" and probably sourrced from the same place. (I suspect HPF gets their headers from the same company) I'd be far happier dealing with some other company that's more mature and hopefully more reliable than these clowns. Believe me, I'm not one of the asshats that runs around with my eyes covered moaning "you get what you pay for" :rolleyes: . I'm all for a better deal, but I'm not for supporting a company of assholes. Make sense?

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Makes sense... but I would still like to keep this thread objective and based on factual info.

As far as anything... I am merely evaluating the items that've been delivered. Depending on what I present, anyone can still make their own choices on what they'd pay and who'd they get it from (based on their Ebay-feedback, or in the Vendor's feedback forum here, or whatever).

So... all I ask is that we please do not put any seller's down. Just like the Turbonetics example, we can find flaws in all of them and can form "opinions" very easily. I do not want to pre-dispose anyone to anything, until factual, accurate info is presented on the products themselves. I promise... it is coming SOON!!!

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
Satan said:
Makes sense... but I would still like to keep this thread objective and based on factual info.

As far as anything... I am merely evaluating the items that've been delivered. Depending on what I present, anyone can still make their own choices on what they'd pay and who'd they get it from (based on their Ebay-feedback, or in the Vendor's feedback forum here, or whatever).

So... all I ask is that we please do not put any seller's down. Just like the Turbonetics example, we can find flaws in all of them and can form "opinions" very easily. I do not want to pre-dispose anyone to anything, until factual, accurate info is presented on the products themselves. I promise... it is coming SOON!!!
See page one. I’ve installed one of these kits. It’s a true POS. What blk mgk posted IS useful due to the history of the company. You can go thru your documented process all you want, but the fact remains I’ve already done it!

61 - 80 of 123 Posts