Supra Forums banner
101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
anybody notice there is now ssautochrome, and pmjautochrome selling the kits? wonder if its the same person, or same company trying to expand.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Now I want to see someone making cheap downpipes!!

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,783 Posts
onelove said:
Spend another $150 re-inforcing it / adding supports and you'll have a nice investment. Just think if these wouldn't have gone on eBay some supplier would have ate them up and charged a 500-800 markup and we all still would have thought they where cheap :)

Hehe...got that right! If I take this $50 header, reinforce it and engrave Philly Single Racing on it...think it'll sell for $1000?! :D

Now, I just need to find a $70 fmic and get some of this 4" flexible exhaust tubing for a DP (I can get 4 feet for $20) http://shop.airflowonline.com/Merch...ode=AFSI&Product_Code=GALV4&Category_Code=FET

And I'm on my way to the cheapest single setup you've ever seen! WOohOoo

medici78 - How's that for a cheap DP!? :D Seriously, though the shop near me - built my 5" for waaaayy less than you'd think!

Jay

Reactions: Dan94TT

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
medici78 said:
Now I want to see someone making cheap downpipes!!
Heh, cheap 4inch DPs for sure!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hey can anyone here tell me where or how to find intercooler piping for fmic? What the best prices are and what brand would be best as well. I figured HKS but I don't know if they sell just piping alone. I know they do it for stock but what about upgrades? Please any help will do.

·
To Go Beyond
1,143 Posts
JP IMPORTZ said:

No problem with the fitment on our PT74 GTS .96 a/r Turbo.
JP Importz

How much would it cost for a Precision Turbo that supports up to 600rwhp and what would you recommend? I am not looking to go as crazy as most of you. I was intersted in this kit and a reliable turbo to have my car tuned to a solid 500-550rwhp. Thanks!

·
To Go Beyond
1,143 Posts
Supradedupra said:
$600 for turbo, $275 for manifold, $350 for wastegate, roughly $650 for intercooler and piping, dunno about downipe/midpipe, + oil lines.

Roughly $2000 I think.

Where can I get a FMIC with piping for roughly $650.00 as you so stated and is it comperable to a Greddy 3-Row for example? Thanks!

·
Gone Fishin
395 Posts
I actually bought a my stainless downpipe off ebay brand new from a company named Megan Racing. I cant tell you how happy I was with the quality and fitment. Best part is that I only payed $60 shipped to my door. Guess I got lucky.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
toohipsi said:
I actually bought a my stainless downpipe off ebay brand new from a company named Megan Racing. I cant tell you how happy I was with the quality and fitment. Best part is that I only payed $60 shipped to my door. Guess I got lucky.
Megan racing is not a new company, they been around for years and that DP only fits stock twins.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Does anyone here know where I could find FMIC Mounting kits? I have a FMIC but no mounts and need to find out where I can get these mounts or what I would need to make them if possible. Any help will do.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Oh yeah on this subject of kits, I don't know if you all know that there is another kit up for sale by Veccoperformance.com on ebay selling turbonetics T4 62-1<- (I think), T4 manifold, and 50 mm wastegate for $1295 buy it now price. It's available for mk3 and IV models. On another note I've seen this kit way before Ssautochrome put theirs out for bid and figured turbonetics was a decent quality turbo and since they also offer 1 year warranty on all their stuff other than Ssautochrome you may check it out as well. Hope this helps, and happy boostin.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
MDVortex said:
Oh yeah on this subject of kits, I don't know if you all know that there is another kit up for sale by Veccoperformance.com on ebay selling turbonetics T4 62-1<- (I think), T4 manifold, and 50 mm wastegate for $1295 buy it now price. It's available for mk3 and IV models. On another note I've seen this kit way before Ssautochrome put theirs out for bid and figured turbonetics was a decent quality turbo and since they also offer 1 year warranty on all their stuff other than Ssautochrome you may check it out as well. Hope this helps, and happy boostin.
Do you have a link for the Veccoperformance.com auction?

·
Registered
421 Posts
94Silver said:
Do you have a link for the Veccoperformance.com auction?
Sorry for the bad link its actually Vecco.net, the company is Vecco High Performance Inc. and youwill see their E-store on ebay motors. Do a search for "Supra" and you see the entire bid listings for all model supras including this ad.

·
To Go Beyond
1,143 Posts
Bump for new updates?

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
My car is ready to start next week, I let you know how everything goes I will be putting a lot of miles on it pretty soon :)

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 · (Edited)
MDVortex said:
Does anyone here know where I could find FMIC Mounting kits? I have a FMIC but no mounts and need to find out where I can get these mounts or what I would need to make them if possible. Any help will do.

Just get some "flat" steel (3') at Home Depot and shape to what you need, drill holes where needed and fasten it up to something solid. I made my own brackets and even had enuff left over to reinforce the hood latch deal. Fastened at the top and bottom. Might have cost ~$5... and maybe 2 hours of time (being anal).

Here's a [ic where I test-fit it, without taking the bumper off and nothing else had been cleaned yet (so excuse the dirty-ness)... Looking up from below...

101 - 120 of 123 Posts