Supra Forums banner

Who's bought/installed Ebay Turbo kit?

13K views 122 replies 51 participants last post by  Steady Boostin' 
#1 ·
NO, not another "U get what U pay for" thread.....

I'd like to know who has actually purchased, received, and/or installed one.

There have been quite a few kits sold, so someone's got to be using one.

Please PM me if ya don't wanna post it, or reply in this thread. I would like some specific feedback/opinions from someone who can provide actual info and NOT opinion on something they do not have.

#78 ·
begone said:
You may have had a bad experience with them, and maybe many others. But CRAP, 25 THOUSAND feedbacks. So your telling that they're that bad of a company that 25 thousand people would have commented or possibly purchased something from them? Their in the wrong business if they can be that bad and nobody is catching on yet......they need to be in the PR business for Famous people.

But seriously, obviously most of their business is from referrals. Cause I don't know anyone that's going to do some serious searching for Turbo Kits on Ebay, and if they do, they probably know a little on what to look for.

I wouldn't give SSAutoChrome the time of day if I searched in Ebay and they popped up. But were talking about them here on this forum.....
Again, and has been noted by others, STRONGLY suggest reading how they treat others on EBAY. This is ONGOING too, not something that has just occured months ago. Yes, they have lots of positive feedback however they hold feedback hostage and honestly most people are too quick to provide good feedback when the box arrives. The EVO and Honda communities have both had documented experiences with these guys and I think the Miata guys have too. If the parts fit and work then terrific but be aware you are buying frmo a company who treats customers like crap and be careful. also, if they are using the "Stone Mountain" W/G be VERY careful. I know one person who had their's stick on it's first use! I also had another friend who disassembled his and found that the valve inside was poorly made - the shaft wasn't smooth (poor machining) and the shaft was OFFSET to the head of the valve :dunno: He said that other than that one badly machined part the rest of it was good stuff but umm, that part is a bit critical don't ya' think? :stickpoke:

This isn't a matter of my having had a bad experience, I've not been stupid enough to touch that live wire. It's a matter of this company treating MANY people like CRAP and whether or not we ought to be supporting them. There are other companies selling stuff on EBAY that is likely just as "good" and probably sourrced from the same place. (I suspect HPF gets their headers from the same company) I'd be far happier dealing with some other company that's more mature and hopefully more reliable than these clowns. Believe me, I'm not one of the asshats that runs around with my eyes covered moaning "you get what you pay for" :rolleyes: . I'm all for a better deal, but I'm not for supporting a company of assholes. Make sense?

#79 ·
Makes sense... but I would still like to keep this thread objective and based on factual info.

As far as anything... I am merely evaluating the items that've been delivered. Depending on what I present, anyone can still make their own choices on what they'd pay and who'd they get it from (based on their Ebay-feedback, or in the Vendor's feedback forum here, or whatever).

So... all I ask is that we please do not put any seller's down. Just like the Turbonetics example, we can find flaws in all of them and can form "opinions" very easily. I do not want to pre-dispose anyone to anything, until factual, accurate info is presented on the products themselves. I promise... it is coming SOON!!!

#80 ·
Satan said:
Makes sense... but I would still like to keep this thread objective and based on factual info.

As far as anything... I am merely evaluating the items that've been delivered. Depending on what I present, anyone can still make their own choices on what they'd pay and who'd they get it from (based on their Ebay-feedback, or in the Vendor's feedback forum here, or whatever).

So... all I ask is that we please do not put any seller's down. Just like the Turbonetics example, we can find flaws in all of them and can form "opinions" very easily. I do not want to pre-dispose anyone to anything, until factual, accurate info is presented on the products themselves. I promise... it is coming SOON!!!
See page one. I’ve installed one of these kits. It’s a true POS. What blk mgk posted IS useful due to the history of the company. You can go thru your documented process all you want, but the fact remains I’ve already done it!

#81 · (Edited)
begone said:
Prediction: Major vendors will carry and advertise these products and kits for SSAutoChrome, and they will never have to talk to customers - just make good quality goods. Hmmm.....I'm going on a limb here, what do you think Satan?

... so far, I am impressed. There are a couple of minor things we are going to do , which we'd recommend for ANY kit), but everything I have received looks and fits pretty well. Took only a few hours to remove stock turbos... The only thing that this kit is missing is a midpipe, so they're fabbing one up.

The "manufacturer's name" is displayed in several places on the hardware and the supplier has provided a smooth transaction so far.

The installer is impressed and though it is not one of the more commonly known shops on this list, is considering stocking these for the 2JZ, 7Ms, and even the NA-T kit that this supplier has.

Can't speak for the shop itself, but imagine they can get you single in a day... providing there aren't other factors/issues involved. Same day turnaround... man, that'd be kewl!!

So... this is just some info so far, but I'm not ready to do a write up just yet.... :sadwavey:

As far as anyone else's experiences... please send me a link to your write up. Supplier, manufacturer, etc.... There are several out there... your experiences with one, may not be the same for another. I will provide an objective, ubiased write up... for my PARTICULAR circumstances/experience.

#82 · (Edited)
Here's their current email reply to me:

"We warrant against any manufacturer defects. We can't say how car owners treat their vehicles, how hard they run them, if they change their oil when they should, if they keep it clean, etc... some people just don't take very good care of their possessions and possibly may be why they have some problems - also as you know - turbos need to be installed in a specific manner and some people don't have an understanding of this either. If you listen to the forums then you'll get a lot of info from 16 year olds also that don't know what they are doing. - Take a few minutes and visit our websites - we have pictures, video, etc... www.ssautochrome.com and www.xs-power.com"

There are a couple of websites if anyone hasn't found them yet.

There parts are a bit more expensive if you piece them together on their website. For example the manifold is over $600.00 alone where you can ebay the entire kit from them for about $800.00.

#83 ·
Surpass said:
There parts are a bit more expensive if you piece them together on their website. For example the manifold is over $600.00 alone where you can ebay the entire kit from them for about $800.00.

The site says $275 for the manifold. From what I've gathered from this tread, the manifold is the only good (or should I say best) Part sold in the kit. Anyone have an estimate on building a kit with name brand, quality parts, and only using this manifold vs. a $2K HKS?

#84 ·
Hands On said:
The site says $275 for the manifold. From what I've gathered from this tread, the manifold is the only good (or should I say best) Part sold in the kit. Anyone have an estimate on building a kit with name brand, quality parts, and only using this manifold vs. a $2K HKS?
I thought the intercoolers were pretty decent too????

#86 ·
I asked a random person who left them a negative feedback for his input and here is what he wrote me:

---- "heres how it is, I bought a turbo from them. the auction stated that it was a tdo4-h when I got it, I look at the tag and it says supert70. so I email them and tell them I got the wrong product. their reply was "ignore the tag" which pissed me off. but I decided to try it. I have a 240sx with an sr20det. so I go to install the tubo and the compressor side faces the engine block and I need it to face up. I email them 4 times, asking how to clock the turbo before I get a reply. thier answer was take it to a mechanic. Now Ill tell you I am a mechanic, its what I do for a living. so this pissed me off some more. So I ask for the name of the manufacturer of the turbo and tell them Ill contact the manufacturer directly they email me back with" the manufactuer dosent answer retail questions". they wouldnt even provide me with the name of the manufacturer. I think they are a very shady company and would never do business with them again. If you would like to see the emails I got from them I would be happy to provide them to you. just becareful if you decide to do business with them.

Good Luck.... Matt *****" ----

I will try and find some positive ones as well!!

#88 ·
These negative feedbacks are pretty funny. Anybody get down to this one?

boostncivic: "This guy touchs children"

ssautochrome: "That guy who says that Touches (see I can spell Touch"e"s) His DOG down there"

Despite ALL these negatives, I'd still *like* to believe this manifold is any good....
For the money, it might be worth just buying it and forming my own opinion.

#89 ·
does anyone who bought parts from them have the shipping address? my friend wants to see the kits for his 240 i live in charlotte and would like to tour the factory. if you had problems with them i'll kick there asses for 200 bucks. them seem pretty shity people on the nicoboards have had trouble with the kits.

#90 · (Edited)
Hands On said:
Well... right now I am doing just that.

I have a Greddy T-88 34d, and I am about to Purchase this manifold. I also have just gone FMIC with the ebay intercooelr as well. I will probably spend a little more money and get a Tial wastegate. (all my close single turbo friends run this brand) Let's say $350 or so for a 48 mm high pressure one (i dont know if this is how cheap I can get it :dunno: )

$600 for turbo, $275 for manifold, $350 for wastegate, roughly $650 for intercooler and piping, dunno about downipe/midpipe, + oil lines.

Roughly $2000 I think.

Also, I'm looking to buy a different turbo buy itself, so does anyone know a good source for them?... brand new or used... thanks

Edit:
No contact from seller, refunded payment, now i have a strike Buyer trcatab

Reply by www.ssautochrome.com: WE CAN REMOVE THE STRIKE YOU SISSY PANTS - IT IS AUTOMATIC FROM EBAY - PISS ANT

#91 ·
I think I'll try and find their physical address and stop by their shop... according to what I've read... they're only about 20mins from where I work in RTP.

#93 ·
richardfrank said:
does anyone who bought parts from them have the shipping address? my friend wants to see the kits for his 240 i live in charlotte and would like to tour the factory. if you had problems with them i'll kick there asses for 200 bucks. them seem pretty shity people on the nicoboards have had trouble with the kits.
I highly doubt there is a "factory" for you to tour. These are parts made overseas for hella cheap, shipped over here and then sold. They probably have a warehouse to hold stock and that's about it.

#96 ·
Heh....I accidently won a single turbo header on eBay for $50 !! Can't wait to get another GTE powered car to try this out. I mean, $50 for a friggin header?! Should be...interesting.

#97 ·
Philly Single said:
Heh....I accidently won a single turbo header on eBay for $50 !! Can't wait to get another GTE powered car to try this out. I mean, $50 for a friggin header?! Should be...interesting.
Spend another $150 re-inforcing it / adding supports and you'll have a nice investment. Just think if these wouldn't have gone on eBay some supplier would have ate them up and charged a 500-800 markup and we all still would have thought they where cheap :)

#98 ·
I've won a complete kit as well but have yet to install it. I'm currently overseas and until I get home I can't do anything. N-e-ways, I won the kit for only $850 bucks and everything came in all at once, nothing missing or damaged. I'm glad this post came up so we all can have or fill of info especially us who actually own these kits. If anyone gets the results please post, I really want to know if this kit was worth buying. On the other hand this was probably the best $850 I've spent on such a cluster of parts.

#99 ·
MDVortex said:
I've won a complete kit as well but have yet to install it. I'm currently overseas and until I get home I can't do anything. N-e-ways, I won the kit for only $850 bucks and everything came in all at once, nothing missing or damaged. I'm glad this post came up so we all can have or fill of info especially us who actually own these kits. If anyone gets the results please post, I really want to know if this kit was worth buying. On the other hand this was probably the best $850 I've spent on such a cluster of parts.

Same here... evaluating my stuff now. The turbo I got, I did not like and will be replacing with something from another vendor. the rest of it looks good so far and for the price, still can't be beat. As soon as I finish, will be doing a dyno, write-up, etc....

#100 ·
onelove said:
Spend another $150 re-inforcing it / adding supports and you'll have a nice investment. Just think if these wouldn't have gone on eBay some supplier would have ate them up and charged a 500-800 markup and we all still would have thought they where cheap :)
I really like the way you re-inforce the manifold, We will do that this weekend also. This manifold is going on the PT 74, so we will see how it comes out. Not sure if you guys pay attention but the T4 flange is warped a little bit. Your local machine shop can smooth it out for $125

Checking the surface...

Support bars go to these points

No problem with the fitment on our PT74 GTS .96 a/r Turbo.
JP Importz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.