Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what it sounds like I guess.
Are they usually loud? I'm gonna be using a Resonator on the exhaust, but, just wondering :rolleyes:

·
Registered
696 Posts
i got a cheep one .. i think it was a knock off apexi or somethign.. but i have full 3" exhaust no cats just the muffler. it sounds good but if your low rpm it is some one loud.. but it sounds good. for 70 bucks w/e its good

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I just need somethin cheap and quiet really, its all temp, maybe for 2-3 months. Quiet is the biggest requierment though.

How much was that muffler ahmedootie?

Oh and, was that with or without a Resonator?

·
Shop Tech All Around Auto
510 Posts
exhaust

Just put a 2 chamber forza flow on my n/a with stock pipe and gutted cat. Sounds okay. More performance than stock, quiter than the glass pack that was on it. $102 installed at local muffler shop.

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
Cheap and quiet are not usually in the same sentence.

Keep in mind that you are turbo now, so it won't be as loud as before. A 3" cat with a megan muffler won't be very loud at all.

Here is my 1J with stock downpipe, no cat, with a Megan Carbon muffler (same as megan N1).

http://robert.1jzgte.com/videos/megan parts/Megan Accelerating.MPG

If you aren't going to use a cat, throw a 3" resonator in the mix.

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm, ya that dosnt sound to bad.
My NA had a Megan GT, catback no resonator and was very loud, I was thinking my 1J with Trust DP, cat and Megan muffler would be louder, your saying it would infact not be as loud?

I'm thinking going Cat, Resonator and cheap muffler, possibly a Megan GT as before.

·
Powderin my balls since07
2,175 Posts
tha muffler was about 60 bux shipped 2 my door, i had a megan racing downpipe, 100 bux offa ebay...a magnaflow hi flow cat... 40 bux offa ebay, that muffler, 3 inch inlet 5 inch outlet, 60 bux offa ebay....and tha welding skills of a 12 year old :) i bent my own 3 inch piping, so it was 3 inch all tha way through, no resonators...and it even passed emissions! lol
ebay owns!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yeah turbos kind of muffle the exhaust as in, thats why they are a bit quieter.

I bought a cheap Apexi N1 knock off that had a 3 inch inlet and put it on my full 3 inch exhaust, no cats. Sounds good from the outside, but it sucks inside the car. It has so much reverberation that if the windows are rolled up your ears feel like they are bleeding.

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
full 3inch, w/ megan gt r muffler, and i have never ever ran the reducer tip,

some exhaust notes i dont lick it kinda sounds like she;'s hummin, but what ever, not very loud at all.. , though i have never watched my car fly by...

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I have one of the cheapo ebay ones on my car. Sounds is GREAT. But its very loud and I even have a small resonator. If you want quiet I wouldn't recommend the ebay cheap ones.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i got one for $60 shipped. i thinks its a N1 knockoff. 3" inlet 5" outlet. sounds good its not to loud i dont think but people say they can here me a block away or whatever.

G

·
i bought an "a-spec performance" 3 inch straight through. its an N-1 copy. i've got full 3" pipe with no cat up to the muffler. it came with a removable silencer that shuts it up nicely, otherwise its a little loud. 30 bucks, Im definitley happy.

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Damn, a lot of people bought a cheapass muffler :rofl:

Thanks though, I think im gonna go with a Megan GT and a generic Resonator off ebay.

Thanks for all the reply's.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts