Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the ones from ProCarparts.com, and I see they are 2-color blue and green. Can you change to either color when you want? Dimmable? Anybody have any installed pics? Thanks.

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
Can switch colors anytime. I have the 5 colors. Much better than the 2. A new switch is included that has color change/dimmer control. They look good in the car. Lemme know if you have any other questions.

Adam

·
12,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Adam! What did you like better about the 5-way gauges? I really only want the things to glow green to match the rest of my gauges/stereo/interior lights.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
i have the 2 color green and blue love them and you can make them brighter and all !i got mine on ebay for 30 bucks! in march !

·
0 Posts
I have the 5 color ones as well. I think I paid $35 off ebay. They look great. There is an article on mkiv.com on how to install.

·
12,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, guys!

·
says
390 Posts
Fyrarms,

I'll be taking mine out sometime this week as I think I'm going back with the stock ones. I'll sell them to you for like $35 shipped if your interested. Let me know. Rupertjeep is my aim, [email protected] is my email..

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
The five color is really a gimmic. They do do 5 shades, but the colors are light green, darker green, blueish purple, blue dark, and blue light. 5 colors offers the ability to get closer to stock colors as you can switch between shades and brightness/dimness for about 5 bucks more. You choose. Hope I was of some help.

Adam

·
12,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bryant: Sorry, dude. I bought some on EBay today for $38. Thanks anyway, man. :(

Adrocktt: You were very helpful, dude. Thanks! I'll post pics of my interior when it's done. So far I've changed the tan to black, added Sparco Torinos, Sparco steering wheel, ToraSport carbon dash, and replaced the passenger airbag with a carbon gauge panel with white-faced gauges. It's starting to look damned good! :)

·
Banned
336 Posts
Heres a quick question.

If you dont give power to the indiglo gauges, do they look the same as the normal white face gauges when lit up?

If so, they also double as a cheap set of white face gauges too =)

·
0 Posts
I don't think they would be as bright as the white gauges without power because I believe the material that the indiglos are made out of is thicker and would not allow much light through.

·
Eat a bag
96 Posts
FYRARMS,
BEFORE YOU INSTALL YOUR GUAGES!!!!

I see you have an auto. I also have an auto and bought my guages off eBay. Know that you will loose the ability to see your "P R N D 2 L" lights along with your "O/D OFF" and "MANU" lights. All of which are located on the tach. ALL the guages they sell on eBay are for manuals (they say they work for autos cause they will mechanically) But none have the "windows" that allow the "P R N D 2 L", "O/D OFF" and "MANU" lights to show through.
I posted a thread on this a while back...
http://www.supraforums.com/supravb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8884

I have called everywhere and noone sells indiglo guages with the automatic "windows" which allows the automatic only lights to show through.

Just something to know before installing them.

Jeff

·
12,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ain't no thang!

I have long ago removed the annoying o/d and manual light bulbs anyway! I hate idiot lights.:D And there is a nice, big PRND21 indicator next to the shifter...

Thanks anyway, bro!

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
WIL2YB said:
Heres a quick question.

If you dont give power to the indiglo gauges, do they look the same as the normal white face gauges when lit up?

If so, they also double as a cheap set of white face gauges too =)
If they do not have power, you won't be able to see the numbers at night. You can barely see the the basic indicator lights like brake, cruise and High Beam through the (cleared) portion of the indiglo gauges. The numbers themselves are black and stamped in the face so you won't see the numbers illuminated from behind at night. The whole gauge itself being illuminated is the only way to see it all at night. <--- if this is even at all what you were talking about...... I had these on my car for a month and took them back off.

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
Never a prob to help. Glad I was able to. Did you lose the airbag to put in that sparco wheel? I'd assume so, but you didn't have any fitment issues? I'd love to see some pics when you have a chance. Sounds bad ass. I would also love some info on that tranny you are going to use. Sounds super interesting. I may be going single soon also and am considering the T78 as well. Are you choosing the kit for price or do you perfer mitsu turbos to Garrets? Take care

Adam

·
12,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Adam,

I used the Momo adapter and installed the Sparco wheel. No trouble at all. The only thing that is a minor problem is that sometimes the turn signal will not turn off by itself after straightening the wheel. No biggie. I had to remove the cruise control arm, but am looking at making a plate to reattach it. The right button on the wheel now is my horn, and the left button is for my line-lock. When I get a damned digital camera I will post some pics. I'm technologically stuck in the mid-'90's... :rolleyes:

I am a BIG fan of Mitsu turbos. I used to be the sales manager for Hahn Racecraft of DSM/Neon notoriety. We went 9.80's @ 148mph in a race Neon using a TD06H-20G-10CM2 turbo with internal wastegate. Try THAT with a T3/T4! :eek: We had done several Mitsu "hybrid" turbos that performed very well. Since I lost my hookup with HRC, the Greddy T78 is the next best hybrid. It is essentially a TF08-30V/TD07-25G hybrid. I would have used that setup anyway. Price is a bonus, but mainly I prefer Mitsus for durability, power, and spool characteristics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts