Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious how much people have squeezed out of MAFT cars, I've seen little more than threads talking about tuning them, and what MAFT would be best for XYZ, but I've not seen anything on the ones that are working right..

Who's making good power?

·
Super Moderator
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anything. Don't care what version or where. Just interested in seeing what people are doing with GM MAF's and stock ECU's vs other options like the VPC.

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
Pretty sure mike malloy is in the 600s... i cant remember exactly what but he had his dyno runs on video.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
yea, i think i hold the mk3 title for most rwhp with the MAFTPRO. i'm currently over 600 and i drive the car everyday. (even on pump gas)

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I have the MAFT, and I push around 260RWHP- Do I qualify for the LOWEST power on MAFT?
:sadance:

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
damn malloynx, when did you do 600?
i thought it was 543 or something

Congrats if you did bro

·
Super Moderator
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
600whp on pump gas? Running methanol or something?
Whats the rest of your setup? I found a post mentioning a 67mm turbo but nothing else.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i beleive he is running the Boss 550 stg 5 big shaft ball bearing, not sure specs besides that.

·
SupraStore.com
2,134 Posts
I have the MAFT, and I push around 260RWHP- Do I qualify for the LOWEST power on MAFT?
:sadance:
How can you have that low power on MAFT? I estimate that my car working makes 300RWHP with turbo, intake, and exhaust...

...maybe the exhaust is open downpipe, external wastegate, the turbo is a T4, 18psi, and I have e-fans, but I dont know how you could have that low of power really unless if it was practically bone stone lol

·
Registered
527 Posts
Orion ZyGarian said:
How can you have that low power on MAFT? I estimate that my car working makes 300RWHP with turbo, intake, and exhaust...

...maybe the exhaust is open downpipe, external wastegate, the turbo is a T4, 18psi, and I have e-fans, but I dont know how you could have that low of power really unless if it was practically bone stone lol
its possible...i have maft and put down 275 to the wheels...mods in sig

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
Orion ZyGarian said:

Estimating hp doesnt mean anything...

·
Is this thing on?
306 Posts
my car will be done hopefully in about a month and i am going to use a maft pro and aim for about 650-700 with a gt42 or a pt76 .... undecided for now

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Orion ZyGarian said:

I dunno, I was thinking that my motor isn't as fresh as it should be, as I installed the engine without a complete rebuild- just a bearing replacement(rods and mains). believe I have a very slight rodknock, and not sure how fresh the valvestem seals are. As for mods, I have the MAFT, HKS intake, separated DP, 3" exhaust, No fuel mods at the time. Boost was only about 8psi on stock turbo. Also, it was ~260ft-lbs of torque. It was pretty much what I expected at the time, since having a MAFT doesn't increase power, but rather gives you the ability to increase power safely(via fuel tuning) if you increase boost. I figure that since I had nearly stock boost, a ~50hp increase at the flywheel over stock was pretty good.

·
2JZ NA-T MKIII
666 Posts
I run MAF-T and make 400HP on low boost. There are higher HP MAF-T users out there, most of them are at supramania. On high boost I hope to be much closer to the 500HP mark.

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
Wreckless said:
Anything. Don't care what version or where. Just interested in seeing what people are doing with GM MAF's and stock ECU's vs other options like the VPC.

Maft and Maftpro are completely different. Maftpro users are running speed density not MAF.

Im really convinced that Full Throttle needs to change the name of the MAFTPRO to something different, since the name is so confusing to people that are not aware of the difference.

·
Rock'n Death with Spikes!
155 Posts
drjonez said:
not sure where the difficulty is.....MAFT PRO or MAFT....maybe people should learn to read? you can lead a horse to water....
:rofl:
HAHAA And these peeps try to "tune" their car...they can't even READ! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts