Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a 98 bone stock Quicksilver 6 speed Targa with 40K for sale at the Price Auto Group here in Northern Delaware. It may have been imported from another state so that's why I am posting in this forum rather than the Northeast forum. Could this be somebody's Supra from here?

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
how much ass raping will the buyer get?

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
I just spoke to there Wholesale Mgr and he's not showing it in his inventory.

Weird shit...someone break out the Petroleum Jelly :lol:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its there , I went to see it yesterday but the place was closed . I called today and the salesman said it was in their detail shop overnight so I'll probably check it out in the next couple of days. BTW, the asking price is $ 47,900!!!

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
bwhahahahahha!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Guys, the car is clean. It's my friends car. Woon did have his paws on it at one point in time. I was going to buy this car but needed a diesel truck more. Somebody will get a nice car.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
mkivbren said:
Guys, the car is clean. It's my friends car. Woon did have his paws on it at one point in time. I was going to buy this car but needed a diesel truck more. Somebody will get a nice car.
You needed a truck to haul the supra you never drive :) Blah blah blah.......

I've seen this car also though and it is in very nice shape. Very comparable to Peter's condition since I've seen his also. Also it is pretty much a bone stock car :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Why didn't you convince your friend to posted it here on SF first & let members get first crack on buying it? Now it might go to someone who won't appreciate it.

mkivbren said:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
sunshineboy said:
Why didn't you convince your friend to posted it here on SF first & let members get first crack on buying it? Now it might go to someone who won't appreciate it.
I posted it subtly within a thread a month or so ago. A few inquiries but nobody serious. It's not my car. Trust me, whoever gets it will appreciate it. And if it doesn't sell it will be in my garage sometime in 07.

·
Registered
144 Posts
What was the asking price back then?

mkivbren said:
I posted it subtly within a thread a month or so ago. A few inquiries but nobody serious. It's not my car. Trust me, whoever gets it will appreciate it. And if it doesn't sell it will be in my garage sometime in 07.

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
Seems like these pricey Supras have an extremely long shelf life. I think 35K is the most the average buyer looking for a supra is going to pay in most situations. Not many people are willing to open a line of credit against their homes for such a purchase. Lets be honest the (average) guy is not paying 40+ for their cars in cash. Yes, it happens but its not the norm. However im sure it looks cool on paper to list your car for some outlandish price.

:)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Ball Bearing Supra said:
Seems like these pricey Supras have an extremely long shelf life. I think 35K is the most the average buyer looking for a supra is going to pay in most situations. Not many people are willing to open a line of credit against their homes for such a purchase. Lets be honest the (average) guy is not paying 40+ for their cars in cash. Yes, it happens but its not the norm. However im sure it looks cool on paper to list your car for some outlandish price.

It's because it's a QS...

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
mkivbren said:
Bren,

Is this the same one we spoke about?

·
Banned
770 Posts
Ball Bearing Supra said:

True, but you're also missing the point that the normal guy would not OWN a MKIV. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
715 Posts
I think the price has peaked with our cars. Face it, most of us wanted the car because it is the baddest thing around. Now with many new cars coming out with high hp numbers and the new technology available to make them lighter. We will slowly be falling towards the back of the pack. Our market was always small, we have 7-8000 cars in the US? Vendors and the manufacturers will have to move towards a car with more units to be profitable. A point will come when the Supra will be worth more with NO modifications at all. Now we all want the low milage car.......add our mods.............and have a sweet ride. All the high dollar Supra's that are going for 65-75k (if they ever sell them) have had modifications done to them. I love my Supra but the party is coming to an end.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts