Here's my set up.

SP67 Budget(stock fuel/stock MAF)
FPD bypass
3-row
exhaust/intake cam-gears
downpipe/cat-back
AVC-R
SAFC2

First, I leave my boost controller off. The WG with the budget kit keeps the boost right around 15-17psi. On 93 octane my wideband starts to read in the low-high 12's. My SAFC is completely decked out (50%). Is this normal to read this lean at this low of boost? Do I just need a fuel system? Is this a sign my factory fuel pump is going out? Also, my FP only reads 39-40PSI at idle but it goes up to 60PSI at WOT. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
I have found that a lot of factory fuel systems will max out at right about your level. Try changing your fuel filter if you havent already. To safely boost at this level and higher levels, I would strongly reccomend you install a fuel system.

Andrew

·
A Mile High
114 Posts
Are you lean in low rpms... or all across ?

you might want to run on a dyno with a wideband and make sure your wideband is working correctly also

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Midnight Hour said:
Here's my set up.

SP67 Budget(stock fuel/stock MAF)
FPD bypass
3-row
exhaust/intake cam-gears
downpipe/cat-back
AVC-R
SAFC2

First, I leave my boost controller off. The WG with the budget kit keeps the boost right around 15-17psi. On 93 octane my wideband starts to read in the low-high 12's. My SAFC is completely decked out (50%). Is this normal to read this lean at this low of boost? Do I just need a fuel system? Is this a sign my factory fuel pump is going out? Also, my FP only reads 39-40PSI at idle but it goes up to 60PSI at WOT. Any help would be appreciated.
Sounds like your Fuel pressure regultor is probably working correctly. 40 PSI at idle would be a bit more at 0 PSI manifold pressure. Let's say it's 43 PSI at 0 manifold pressure, an additional 17 PSI boost = 60 PSI. That's what it should be doing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts