Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
boost is good
772 Posts
they dont come with a bov, or a full length DP. none of the stuff is polished or coated or anything either. ive got a t78 and im 110% happy with the greddy kit, the quality is outstanding.

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
I initially purchased the T 78, and after doing some research and getting more mods I end up upgrading to a T 88, awesome turbo and Big time difference between the T 78 ( which is basically the same size than a T 66 ) only that is 67 mm compressor wheel, their design is awesome, cant beat it...gotta love Mitsubishi turbos :)

J

·
0 Posts
just a question, when supra guys say t-78, t-88, and etc., are u guys referring to turbonetics turbos? or do you mean a different co.(maybe Greddy? i don't know) and if so do the #'s of the turbo model always represent the size of the compressor wheel?
just wondering:D
(i'm new to this board)

A

·
0 Posts
jackdoe said:
They are Mitsubishi built turbos sold by GReddy. No.

Patrick R.
This is my little brother btw. He knows his shit and is my partner when it comes to building and tuning cars....

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
So about $4K and you just need the rest of the DP and a BOV? That's not too bad IMO. Looks like it's including air intake etc. too. The Greddy made excellent power on pump gas too which is exactly what I'm looking for. At least I can get 93 octane around here, I really feel for those guys stuck with 91 :eek:

Next to the kit Dimitri is putting together in Detroit using an HKS\turbonetics manifold this is pretty competitive. Drives me nuts that I've got several big ticket things to do before I can bolt on a single!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Im also considerng a T78... the price is great, and from what I hear its a good setup.. im just a little cloudy about using it on my AUTOMATIC... so I need info from people who know whats up with T78s on Autos...

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
pooshda said:
Im also considerng a T78... the price is great, and from what I hear its a good setup.. im just a little cloudy about using it on my AUTOMATIC... so I need info from people who know whats up with T78s on Autos...
I wouldn't mind using a T 88 in an auto, remember basically a Greddy T 78 is like a Turbonetics T 66 just a bit bigger....;) so use it...:)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Jesus, was there a street driving difference between the t-78 and t88.

I know when racing you have to be in med-high rpm, but I am just wondering how the driving is when going to publix or something.

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
Usual R Suspex said:
Jesus, was there a street driving difference between the t-78 and t88.

I know when racing you have to be in med-high rpm, but I am just wondering how the driving is when going to publix or something.
When I go to publix on my T 88 is like driving a car with a T 61 turbo, I cant tell the difference really, I had both on my car and its a slight 200rpm difference, but the pull that you will feel is quite different and amezing....med-high rpm ? well when i roll start If im not in the right rpm's I wont race plain and simple, its all about how you race really...but I love my T 88 around town and stuff...real nice and smooth...great response..;)

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
I meant both the T 78 and T 88...:)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Are you running on stock motor internals?

I want to run 700rwhp. Can I do it with stock internals?

I am getting my stock MKIV in 2 weeks. After that I'll begin the project.

You're in Orlando too, that's cool.

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
Usual R Suspex said:
Are you running on stock motor internals?

I want to run 700rwhp. Can I do it with stock internals?

I am getting my stock MKIV in 2 weeks. After that I'll begin the project.

You're in Orlando too, that's cool.
Yes I am running stock internals....:)

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
Rx7thHeaven said:
Jesus, The lag of a turbo coming on is really not as big of a deal to me as if it falls off boost after every shift. If you are racing with the T88 and are shifting at 6800rpm redline does it fall out of its powerband or still making good boost? Thanks for any input.
Well, First depending the race is where I shift, I mean that in the street I usually shift low like 7200rpms cause there is no need to stress the motor at all, it is all about how you shift the gears, see I can speedshift nice and easy and get always full boost, even though you can hit it and put the next gear and the car will be in a high rpm in order so boost dont go down, I never had any problems with that matter..:)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Although a lot of people may think a T78 on an automatic is a little to much lag with the right torque converter and transmission setup it can be a very fun car with a good powerband. Umberto used the same turbo and piloted his car to the 9's with such a setup.

Jesus, Angel and the rest of us agree the T78/88 is a great bang for the buck. Kit is complete with all parts needed for install, quality is top notch and the kits make great power. They work great with a Titan Motorsports fuel system and intake manifold and the T78 is capable of 700rwhp. T88 is capable of 800+_rwhp

This kit has been very popular. That's why we keep it in stock at all times.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts