Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did the lex/550 mod, my fuel pressure is around 35psi, timing at 12 degrees. my egt's are around 950 cruising, this is comming out of the number 1 cylender, isn't this way to low? boosting at 7 psi it goes up to about 1100. i also get smoke when i boost, so obviously im running rich. but here is whats confusing me. my vf readings are around 3.5-5.0, what the hell is going on? its saying to add more fuel, but im already running so rich. why is it saying to do this???

3,796 Posts
is your vf reading off of your stock o2 sensor? If so I wouldnt trust that reading. after my lex/550's my egts where around 1200 wot and that is with sub 10:1 afs....you must be damn rich.

·
On the edge of adhesion..
942 Posts
Turn the boost up!! Balance out the amount fuel your dumping with a little more air.

Khris

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
Silver88Turbo said:
is your vf reading off of your stock o2 sensor? If so I wouldnt trust that reading. after my lex/550's my egts where around 1200 wot and that is with sub 10:1 afs....you must be damn rich.
heh. Vf = ECU correction to base fuel map. ;)

i'm guessing those are F readings.....how did you set the FP? w/the vac line off? i'm guessing you set it w/the vac line on.....

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i set it at 32 without vacuum and it drops down to about 23-24 with the line on, its still running super rich though. i guess its time to take it to the dyno and get my afc installed.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
not yet, i just did some really crude tunning using the egt's/lex screw and fuel pressure so i could drive it to the exhuast shop and to the dyno.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
supraian said:
not yet, i just did some really crude tunning using the egt's/lex screw and fuel pressure so i could drive it to the exhuast shop and to the dyno.
Sorry to go offtopic here, but what are you using to adjust the Lex? I didn't think those old Sonic AFM screws were still available.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts