Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
IIRC, it was given the nickname many years ago by someone on the MKIV list (forget who).

The cars were referred to as "dawgs" because they typically start slow from a dig and then "dawg" down the other car once the turbo(s) spools.

·
Premium Member
7,333 Posts
PM-Performance said:
thanks for the info guys. I have been wondering for ever and it has been bugging me.
Thanks? You got 4 totally different answers! I always thought it was because

Supra -> Sup -> SupDawg (because these two words just go together like diamondz and bitchiz, yo!) -> Dawg

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
I always thought it was a dumb name.

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
Supdawg - The 93-98 Supra nick name,created by David Mashour, used frequently on the mkiv.com mailing list.

all from MKIV.com

·
Damn Spaniards
2,328 Posts
Wow that is some old skool shit. I haven't seen anyone call a MKIV that in a while. Stupid AZ thing, I thought it sounded dumb and a little wanna be ghetto.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I don't recall the exact details, but it was Dave Mashour (sp?) and Tozer/Guilly/somebody sitting in a bar drinking and Dave was talking about needing to get his supdawg back on the road, having a problem with his supdawg, or something like that. Anyway, the point is it was Dave and that bunch who started throwing the name around as a joke on the mkiv.com mailing list back in the late '90s.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i was talking about a TT supra to my friend, and he goes "the big dawg ey?"

i think its just the physical size of the supra, and that its got some presence, just like a big ass pit bull terrior

·
Republican
8,421 Posts

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,487 Posts
SykoCerebral said:
my supra's more like a stealth jungle cat, moving gracefully throughout the mangroves and such....
lol. I like that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts