Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a HID system on my old car and was still able to keep the Philips LVQ 212 ballasts for D2R/D2S Xenon bulbs (D2 connector). I bought new bulbs for the ballasts and I thought that was all I needed. When I finally got the bulbs, I plugged them into the socket that was attached to the ballast and then the connector that the original 9006 bulb was attached to, I plugged that into the connector on the ballast. Now, when I turned on the headlights, at first it didn't light up, but I just had the connector that was attached to the ballast reversed. After that, when I turned on the headlights, it lit up really bright.

But, when I went to put the socket into the headlight housing, it didn't fit at all. In fact, it looks like I'm missing something or need some type of adatper to make it fit into the housing socket. I mean it's not like the I can't get the HID lights to work on my car, I just can't get the damn bulb to go into the headlight housing, because the adapter on the bulb is just circular. Please help me out, because I don't want to buy some kit, when I already have the ballasts and the bulbs. This kit did work on my Integra, which used the 9006 headlights, but it required a wiring harness to light it up. The only thing that came inside the kit, was the bulbs, ballasts, & the wiring harness.

Can I just order some type of adapter to make the bulb fit?

-Shawn

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, I do need some type of adapter to make the bulb fit into the housing. The bulb has a circular shape to it, but if you look at the 9006 headlight housing hole, you'll see the shape is circular with three square indents sticking out all around.

-Shawn

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
sounds like the plastic retianer from the hid buld came off when you took it out from your other car(you put them on to tight) ,if you can go check the other car and look where the bulb sits and you will see a black part in there that goes to the hid bulb ..im sure this is the problem....you just need to re-glue it back on!

·
Lemonade Tycoon
214 Posts
You better make sure you use some epoxy that can handle the heat. Glue it back, but make sure the positioning is PERFECTLY IDENTICAL to the other good bulb with the 9006 adapter in place. If not, you'll have your lights in the wrong position/axis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts