Supra Forums banner

321 - 340 of 376 Posts

·
Blue Thunder
3,410 Posts
The one here in Glen Burnie, MD is asking $15k over sticker. GLWS is what I told them.
Been there since July 23rd.

B

·
JetFire
5,286 Posts
YUP and one of those 100 is sitting here at my dealership they want $20k over sticker. Its quite laughable. On August 26 the car will offically have been here for 1 month.
That's on the dealership though for that mark up, I'm sure the longer it sits the more pressure there is on the GM to bring the price back to reality.

·
Very Senior Member
9,962 Posts
A friend of the family works at a local Toyota dealership he says the Supra has created a lot of "buzz" and brought people into his dealership. If anything it's helping with sales of other models.
Maybe so.
They might be better off waiting and getting a new C8 to park out front.;)

·
iSPOOL
1,006 Posts
Some wacko dropped $85k on a yellow one near me....

·
Administrator
8,334 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Some wacko dropped $85k on a yellow one near me....
I wish I would have known I would have bought a sticker nitro yellow one near me and driven the car to him for 10 grand. (I'd do that in a heartbeat)

·
Anime Dork
5,203 Posts
20k over sticker?!?! WTF are they smoking?
GOOD QUESTION.

The general manager is just waiting to be a hero Allen.
Yeah unfortunately these guys here don't know. its sad really. I actually had it sold for them but they wouldn't come down on the price at all.

That's on the dealership though for that mark up, I'm sure the longer it sits the more pressure there is on the GM to bring the price back to reality.
I doubt it I'm sure they will keep at this price range for quite sometime. i predict it will be in our dealership for at least 3 months.

We had a TRD edition 86 at our dealership for 4 months cuz they refused to come down on the price.

·
iSPOOL
1,006 Posts

·
JetFire
5,286 Posts
First year release bugs plus he wants to keep revving up to show off. He needs views for his YT channel hence his promotion at the end too. Not saying there isn't an issue but maybe he should have gone to the dealer first instead of making a YT video.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
First year release bugs plus he wants to keep revving up to show off. He needs views for his YT channel hence his promotion at the end too. Not saying there isn't an issue but maybe he should have gone to the dealer first instead of making a YT video.
It did not look like he was showing off, it looks like he was simply sharing some information on issues with his brand new BMW. I look at his video like a PSA. Had he gone to the dealer first to get it looked at, potential buyers wouldn't of been made aware of this strange issue. I'm glad people are posting honest videos of this car. We need real and honest reviews to counteract all the BS paid reviews Toyota has laced across Youtube.

·
Administrator
8,334 Posts
Heres the scary part...he needs to take the bmw to toyota to fix. Atleast 1 tech will quit.

·
JetFire
5,286 Posts
I doubt it I'm sure they will keep at this price range for quite sometime. i predict it will be in our dealership for at least 3 months.

We had a TRD edition 86 at our dealership for 4 months cuz they refused to come down on the price.
I don't know much about running a dealership but aren't the new cars costing the dealership the longer it sits, I'm assuming they get allotted X amount of cars and have a deadline of sorts to sell them?

·
Anime Dork
5,203 Posts
I don't know much about running a dealership but aren't the new cars costing the dealership the longer it sits, I'm assuming they get allotted X amount of cars and have a deadline of sorts to sell them?

That i couldn't say for sure how car's are allotted per dealership or if they have a certain time limit to sell a car. All i know is that cars that should be a fairly easy sell because of there popularity/rarity shouldn't be sitting on the lot for over 3 months hell even a month.

·
Administrator
8,334 Posts
I've worked in new dodge/jeep stores 7-8 years ago. New cars weren't under the same scrutiny as preowned to move as they generally are owned outright on the books of the store. New cars are almost always owned by the dealerships floorplan/credit company. Generally they have pretty lenient terms in regards to age. A new car sitting for a month is no big deal, 6-8 months usually get it the fuck out. Also other things that come into play such as how agressive or greedy the gm or new car manager is with his/her inventory. Its literally at their discretion, some dealership owners don't actually keep tabs on these sorts of things so you can see where the greed can come into play.

Then you have the manufacturer giving out incentives like rebates or dealer cash or trade in incentives to help the dealers flush out the old stuff. Sometimes the incentives are not on the public side but only on the dealer side. Specialty car like this should have been sold by now. You always see managements true colors when you have situations of new cars that they believe should command a markup. Fortunately I've heard more people buying the cars for msrp than above. I helped 2 people so far with getting the bmw mkv for msrp, quite easy.

·
Anime Dork
5,203 Posts
I've worked in new dodge/jeep stores 7-8 years ago. New cars weren't under the same scrutiny as preowned to move as they generally are owned outright on the books of the store. New cars are almost always owned by the dealerships floorplan/credit company. Generally they have pretty lenient terms in regards to age. A new car sitting for a month is no big deal, 6-8 months usually get it the fuck out. Also other things that come into play such as how agressive or greedy the gm or new car manager is with his/her inventory. Its literally at their discretion, some dealership owners don't actually keep tabs on these sorts of things so you can see where the greed can come into play.

Then you have the manufacturer giving out incentives like rebates or dealer cash or trade in incentives to help the dealers flush out the old stuff. Sometimes the incentives are not on the public side but only on the dealer side. Specialty car like this should have been sold by now. You always see managements true colors when you have situations of new cars that they believe should command a markup. Fortunately I've heard more people buying the cars for msrp than above. I helped 2 people so far with getting the bmw mkv for msrp, quite easy.

the greed of the sales department here is crazy. there is already a good amount of profit built into the sticker price of this car. i don't understand why certain dealerships wanna make big profit on 1 car when they can spread it out over multiple car sales and make it up in the volume of cars that they sell?

321 - 340 of 376 Posts