Supra Forums banner

341 - 360 of 376 Posts

·
Administrator
8,334 Posts
correct Allen, i would bet there is about 4000-4700 markup between dealer cost and msrp. Whats crazier is the markup between manufacturer and true dealer cost, its never advertised but on a 57k sticker car with a dealer cost of 52-53k , toyotas cost on each unit is probably around 35-37k. Just a hunch ;)

·
...pop the hood!
815 Posts
ive heard dealers make about 6-8%...according to the late great paul harvey (you kids won't know who that is lol)

·
Registered
302 Posts
ive heard dealers make about 6-8%...according to the late great paul harvey (you kids won't know who that is lol)
You need to fix this because you did it totally wrong here let me give it a shot for you Ehemmm

Clears Throat

"Dealers make about 6-8% and now you know the rest of the story..."

·
Administrator
8,334 Posts
Thats the same amount I just stated if you go off a 57k sticker car...plus or minus a %

·
Registered
302 Posts

It's like they don't want to say it, but it's so fu&*king obvious...what's holding back the Supra is the lack of a Manual Transmission everyone knows it in this forum they did everything they possibly could to avoid saying it but that's what it literally comes down to in the end....

Note: I'm not saying a Manual would complete the MKV but I am saying that it would put it in better contention... And I wish they would just flat out say it. Maybe they're sick of beating a dead horse so this is what they come up with instead. 100 Ways to say the MKV would be better with a Manual Transmission...

·
Anime Dork
5,203 Posts
Yeah i'm not sure what true dealer cost would be on this car i'd imagine there is not much of a discount on it for the dealers here.

I'm not sure why the car dealership network here is all franchised and there are no corporate stores like in other countries?

It's like they don't want to say it, but it's so fu&*king obvious...what's holding back the Supra is the lack of a Manual Transmission everyone knows it in this forum they did everything they possibly could to avoid saying it but that's what it literally comes down to in the end....

Note: I'm not saying a Manual would complete the MKV but I am saying that it would put it in better contention... And I wish they would just flat out say it. Maybe they're sick of beating a dead horse so this is what they come up with instead. 100 Ways to say the MKV would be better with a Manual Transmission...

i agree i believe the option of a manual would've been a good thing especially considering BMW still has manual options for there cars so why was it so difficult to put one in this new car?

·
iSPOOL
1,006 Posts

Watching this Zupra lose so much is like being a Cleveland Browns fan in 2016. Time to clean house. Sorry to any Browns fans out there 😂.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Even Craig Lieberman won't be buying a 2020 Supra and doesn't seem to really like it either. And Toyota probably owes this man more then anyone else for making the Supra as popular as it has become...

·
iSPOOL
1,006 Posts
Not ideal track conditions but still...run what ya brung.

·
Actual member since 2001.
2,562 Posts
Even Craig Lieberman won't be buying a 2020 Supra and doesn't seem to really like it either. And Toyota probably owes this man more then anyone else for making the Supra as popular as it has become...

He has said in his IG post, that he wouldn't buy another MKIV again because he never looks back only forward. Thats hard for many of use who currently own one..lol. I like that thinking. He does love his GTR tho!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Actual driving impressions that analyze the Supra are getting interesting like this one from MotorTrend:

"Foul play between tests? None we could find. We tested the same M2 both times. The Supras were different, but after 198, when we worried there might be something wrong with the BDC Supra, we sent it to a dealer. The dealer found no mechanical or alignment issues, which some judges were certain existed."

source: https://www.motortrend.com/news/whats-the-deal-with-toyota-supra

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,257 Posts

I had no idea that there are over 700 2020 supras available in auto trader. ;). Hope they do not can the heritage parts program before they pull the plug on this.

There were 2 at my local dealer, at around 5k markup, and have been sitting in the showroom for few month now.

·
Administrator
8,334 Posts
What's crazy are the guys now asking markup on the non LE premiums. Like just sell the damn car already, Toyota should remove volume bonuses on Corollas if dealers mark these things up.

·
iSPOOL
1,006 Posts
Seriously if you had $195k, is this the car you would buy lol? I'm glad they got it under 3000lbs like I originally said Toyota needed to aim for or the car wouldn't be worth entertaining. But for that price tag?

·
Super Moderator
10,201 Posts
I'm not familiar with its rules, but I'm guessing GT4-class cars have limits on the maximum amount of power they can generate, with various offsets depending on whether or not a car uses forced induction or is aspirated.

Ken.

·
Administrator
8,334 Posts
I'm not familiar with its rules, but I'm guessing GT4-class cars have limits on the maximum amount of power they can generate, with various offsets depending on whether or not a car uses forced induction or is aspirated.

Ken.
Ken, I'm concerned about your sleep cycle. I'm no math wizard but get back to bed!

·
Anime Dork
5,203 Posts
What's crazy are the guys now asking markup on the non LE premiums. Like just sell the damn car already, Toyota should remove volume bonuses on Corollas if dealers mark these things up.
They are still marking up the cars here and i think i've seen 1 since its been out.

341 - 360 of 376 Posts