Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my car has caught another bug :(

while i was coming home last night a white EVO 5 with some HKS goodies pulled up behind me. I put on my seat belt waited for a straight and nailed it. Car shot off to about 100kph then just basically fell falt.

I looked at my BC and it showed a max boost of 9.7 psi and a continuous boost of about 5-6psi. needless to say the evo flew by me like i was standing still. I stopped and started from 0. Car pulled great and when the 2nd turbo is about to come online i feel the transition but htat's it. the boost goes to about 8-9psi then immediately falls back to 6-7psi when the 2nd turbo should be online.

i took the car out again this morning and the same hting happened. Car pulls up to about 60mph then when the 2nd turbo is aboutto come online nothing happens. I don' hear a death whine. At times i notice that when the 2nd turbo should come on i hear a small "whish" like something is leakin but after that it's ok. boost goes to 9.xpsi maybe 10 then just drops down to 5-7 psi.

The only thing I've down to my car this week is instlal a dvd player, it has vehicle dynamics so I had to tap into my speed sensor (SP1) but that's it. I don't know what can be causeing this.

I'm taking this a sign to either sell this car or go single.............

I will try and get a video recrding the boost but more than liekly that will have to wait until monday b/c i'ts pouring rain outside.

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
check and see if the hose that goes to the wastegate popped off. this has happened to me before and that was all it was. if you can locate the wastegate, there is a line that comes off it pointing towards the front of the car and there is a hose coming off that and making a 90 degree angle straight up to another fitting. check that first and let me know.

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've checked all of my hoses before posting. my friend just told me tha to him it sounds like a boost controller problem. so i will disconnect the BC from teh solenoid and see if that works. I did ground the parking brake cord to the same ground as the BC you think that could be the problem? the problem only started after I installed my dvd player but i don't know of anything that i could have done tha ouwld have intereferd with any relating to boost.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Make sure you check over your vacuum hoses for any cracks too. I had a couple of boost problems like yours because some of my stock, rubber hoses had gotten hard and brittle and developed some cracks.

G

·
I have the same problem man, and I've posted on it. You may also have a faulty pressure tank, which can cause problems with the second turbo coming online. ALSO, if you have the flashing O/D light, that faulty speed sensor signal can cause this as well. Someone had the problem, fixed their flashing O/D light with the splice trick, and suddenly it worked like a charm.

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
disconnected BC same thing :(
i've checked to the best of my ability for cracks on the hoses and i don't see any.
i'm almost certain i'm hearing a "whish" sound around the time the 2 turbo should come online which makes me think something is leaking, but after that 2 turbo online phase i don't hear the noise anymore. but why would the car go to 8-9psi then just drop to 5-6psi after 4,000rpms? I ran it hard tonight and both times 6.2 psi was max boost after it went up to about 9-10 before the the 2 turbo came on (or didn't come on in this case)

my other question is if it was a cracked hose would it happen so suddenly? i ran the car earlier in the week and everything felt fine. it's just tha tfriday night boom no power after 4K rpm

·
Im da TRAIN, u on da trax
666 Posts
bad 2nd turbo, this just happened to me 2 weeks ago, i took it in for pressure test, fixed a few small leaks, ended up the 2nd turbos is leaking all my boost when is comes online....

time for a single! i can hardly wait for it to get here, should be less than a week out

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i'm going to go bakc to TTC to see if there is anything wrong with my seq setup, will let you konw of the outcome.

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well it was the hose that comes from the actuator it wasn't actually off but it wasn't on at the same time so that's why i didn't see it before. but wheni went to do the TC mode i noticed it just came right off as my finger touched it.

thanks everyone for your input.
the single is looking promising for the summer though. just trying to reorganize some funds

thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts