Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have a euro TT which had the hood scoop that all Euro models do. That sent air into the 'periscope' thing next to the engine, which would then cool the last cylinders.

My new US TT doesn't have the hood scoop - but it still has the periscope. Why? Doesn't make any sense to me. Can you remove it without any problems? It's fugly.

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
cherzra said:
I used to have a euro TT which had the hood scoop that all Euro models do. That sent air into the 'periscope' thing next to the engine, which would then cool the last cylinders.

My new US TT doesn't have the hood scoop - but it still has the periscope. Why? Doesn't make any sense to me. Can you remove it without any problems? It's fugly.
I could be wrong but Toyota probably left it there for a reason. It probably still draws air that is cooler than the temps in the cyclinders...

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How? The euro scoop would force the air in there because of the driving speed, but the US model doesn't have anything like that.

I did see a few pics of US cars that didn't have it, usually with big single setups. They probably removed it because it's ugly with their setup so I don't think there's any harm in it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts