Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
{Insert witty comment}
144 Posts
springtownmk3 said:
Goes back to my theory of toyota hating america, they have awsome cars that is JDM and USDM takes it in the butt!

The USDM Supra has better turbos/larger brakes/larger injectors then the JDM Supra so please tell me how this fits into your well thought butt theory ?

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts

·
{Insert witty comment}
144 Posts
Sicarius123 said:
Uh, the larger brakes were available JDM as well Gamer.

Dan.
Edited....

The original Japanese TT mkiv Supra came out with the same brakes as the NA from May 1993 to May 1995. After May 1995 Toyota having realised this was a bad move decided to start using the BIG brakes that were always on the export model TT Mkiv from when it was first made. The move to big brakes on the Japanse Mkiv TT's was a piecemeal affair with only some TT's having the big brakes and only after May 1995.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The supra here is bad, but they also have the vvt-i supra engine, but if u look at it they ahve the silver top levins and all, here in the states they just give all thier upper end cars name lexus and go on, and i really like the starlet, i think it would have been competative with honda civic HB

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
The fact is more that the US only had two models of Supra, the turbo and the NA, while the Japanese had many models, SZ, SZ-R, RZ, RS-S, GZ. Some models had large brakes 1995+, others didn't. It wasn't simply an "option".

Dan.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Vilhelm said:
1.3 liter turbo engine = alot of mods/boost to make it fast.
Yeah.. if you can afford race fuel everyday...

I wouldent really complain about that car not being imported to the usa.... Thats like complaining that japan has better shopping carts than us.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what if they do, what if they use oil cooled ball bearings in thier wheels for high rpms ( just a joke)

·
BOOBIES
3,212 Posts

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
Toyota never brought the engine I wanted to the US. But I still have it anyway.:D

·
BOOBIES
3,212 Posts
NextBoost said:
Is the MarkX RWD ?????????????
Most of the models are front wheel, with the exception of one which is 4wd.

*edit

it says "fr". I don't know what this means, but I am assuming front wheel drive??? Maybe it is rear wheel. There is a model with AWD though.

Here is the page

http://toyota.jp/markx/spec/spec/

*edit 2

FR = rear wheel. I'm an idiot

1 - 20 of 36 Posts