Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I just got my car back from the body shop after waiting about 3 months now. When I had it in the body shop it started fine, because they said they had to move it around. I replaced the battery in it anyways, because I wanted a Optima Deep Cycle Yellow Top, since I have so much electronic gadgets in my car. I filled up my car with gas before I left the body shop and everything was fine. When I parked my car in my garage and later wanted to go out, I start my engine and all I get is a click, that's it.

Now this happened to me before, like I would try to start my car and then I would get a click, but then after the second time, it would fire up just fine. Now it takes about 10-15 times before the car fires up. I resetted the ECU and then I forgot I had the fuses still out and I tried starting the engine, and then I finally realized that I didn't put them back in, by accident. Is it possible I damaged my starter by trying to start the engine without having the fuses in?

What is wrong with my car? Is it my starter or hopefully the starter contacts need to be changed? If it is, where can I find information on how to changed my starter contacts? If someone can let me know by emailing me or posting here, that would be great. Also, I need to know exactly where the starter is on the 2JZ-GTE engine. Thanks.

-Shawn

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
did you check to make sure th battery is fully charged ??
i think when it was at the shop they would just jump start it to get it going
try that first!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The battery was fully charged, in fact when it did start the car it sounded great. I know it's not the battery, because I was driving it around for awhile. I hope I didn't fuck up my car, but I would really appreciate if someone were to info me of where the starter contacts are at. Thanks.

-Shawn

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
just because it started ok from there does not mean it cant be the battery!
same thing happen to my new motorcycle and i thought it could not be the battery since i had just charged it the night before low and behold it was also check to make sure the post are not loose on top of the battery!!

just take it to any autozone they will check your battery for free!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts