Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
JZS161 Aristo TT
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hope it will buff out eh

Glad i'm fully insured

Caused by pissed unit (drunk) driving his L300 delica in my rear 1/4 while I was parking at takanini Mc'ds....He said I didn't see you...dicks lights were off 7.30 Sat night (sunset 6pm)

Mitsubishi L300 dead needing tow truck (body bent to tyre un driveable)
Driver with shinny bracelets (Arested as drunk driver)
Mk3 drove to AE 1 km up road for Wife hit head on window with impact
He hit us stationary at least 30+kmh turned us 45 deg

Needs left 1/4 skin, buckled mag fixed, lower arms replaced and a bit of paint and left rear tyre has now got a heathy cut in the side wall

Car goes to panel shop moday am :sadance:

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
man, you kiwi's talk weird.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
LOL at Johnny.. man I'd be pissed. Drunk guy's insurance should have to pay for that.. and for you a rental while its in the shop. And if he dont have insurance he should have to pay out of pocket.. and if he cant they should take some of his stuff and sell it to get the money.

·
Registered
471 Posts
yeah, make sure they hook you up with a nice rental and take care of you like a king. if they dont then sue the drunk! how could he not see the beautiful supra?!?!

·
MUDKIP FARMER
2,709 Posts
good luck on the repairs...maybe you can get some brand new rims out of the deal haha...demand a full respray of paint :)

·
Shop Tech All Around Auto
510 Posts
Iirc, here in the States, insurance companies now can refuse to pay if the driver of a vehicle they insure caused an accident while driving drunk.(Edit: You can still sue, but you need a good lawyer, and the insurance company can refuse to pay more than the max. coverage of the drivers plan.) I'll have to look it up again for the specific reasons, but basicly, they can't be held liable for someone driving while inhibited due to drugs or alcohol. Read the small print in your policy, its in there. This is to protect the insurance companies, and keep insurance rates from going up due to large lawsuits caused by some drunk moron killing a whole family cause he's to drunk to tell which side of the highway he's on. C'mon, you see it all the time in the news. Personally, I think driving drunk is the dumbest, and most dangerous, thing you can do. If you're gonna go get ripped, get a designated driver, or take a cab.

On a side note: Damn, I just saw a silver Mk3 get t-boned by some girls in an Explorer on Spikes "World's Wildest Police Chases."

·
Registered
219 Posts
Iirc, here in the States, insurance companies now can refuse to pay if the driver of a vehicle they insure caused an accident while driving drunk.(Edit: You can still sue, but you need a good lawyer, and the insurance company can refuse to pay more than the max. coverage of the drivers plan.) I'll have to look it up again for the specific reasons, but basicly, they can't be held liable for someone driving while inhibited due to drugs or alcohol. Read the small print in your policy, its in there. This is to protect the insurance companies, and keep insurance rates from going up due to large lawsuits caused by some drunk moron killing a whole family cause he's to drunk to tell which side of the highway he's on. C'mon, you see it all the time in the news. Personally, I think driving drunk is the dumbest, and most dangerous, thing you can do. If you're gonna go get ripped, get a designated driver, or take a cab.

On a side note: Damn, I just saw a silver Mk3 get t-boned by some girls in an Explorer on Spikes "World's Wildest Police Chases."
It depends on the policy, but more than likely it doesn't cover "under the influence" accidents here in the States. Don't know about across the pond. Good luck with the restoration.

I saw that a couple weeks ago too... Didn't they say the explorer was going something like 100mph? Crazy how even the baby "walked" away perfectly fine.

·
JZS161 Aristo TT
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

About half way awaiting 1/4 cut

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
ahhhh she's naked COVER Your babies ass now! with new metal of course :)

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Was there nothing else connecting the cut part like little supports ? I once tried to remove that part and it was somehow held onto the car magically. Seems like i should've tried a bit more though.

Anyways, looking good man, hope it gets better then it was ever before. Also make sure his ass bleeds for raping your supra.

·
JZS161 Aristo TT
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My insurance is fixing both vehicles :bigok: then will send him the bill :chairshot

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Both vehicles ? Since when do you (or your insurance) pay for his damage if he was at fault ? I'd let him rot before i'd even think about trying to get my money back from that douche.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Supraforums needs to start using embalming fluid in these threads. Maybe then they want come back from the dead. When i die bury me here so i can live forever.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts