Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around in my spare time and noticed that a lot of people have the HKS intake on their Supras. My question is why do people buy these when there are superior intakes out on the market? Apexi used to make a super intake for the supra, and K&N has a filter as well. Both of these look like they do a better job than the HKS. I also found this comparison test done by an independent tester that shows how poorly the HKS does in comparison to the other two.comparison test

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't know about anyone else but I would have prefered to have the Apexi instead of the HKS that I currently have. The only problem was that the Apexi did not make a filter kit for my VVT-i engine. Or so the sales people told me.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I looked at apexi's website and they no longer make a filter for the 93 and up supras. I know they used to make the filters for the car. I found a site that shows an apexi "super intake kit" for $169. Once I get my car, I'm gonna get that intake kit if there are still any around.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I'm not so sure I would buy something just because it looks unique. Performance ranks above apearance. I also found an article on the site www.mkiv.com on how to mount the apexi intake on the supra. It's under the tech articles. Hopefully that article will help those who want to swap their underpreforming HKS for the apexi.:bigok:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone else have an opinion?

Whats so special about HKS INTAKE?

·
Banned
336 Posts
Although the HKS isnt the most efficient, it is hands down the loudest intake for th supra ive heard (and ive heard them all). The sound does it for me =)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts