Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Over 10 years on SF....
13,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen this on a couple of Supra's but I don't get the advantage to it. Though, I'm not very familiar with the item its bypassing.. some sort of coolant pressure regulator or something? It's the coolant hose at the back of the spark plug valley that normal goes to the little grey round cap with a vacuum line on it.

Pictured here:

· Banned
5,915 Posts
You has no heater.

Maybe your heater core is leaking and the previous owner did that because they are a lazy bitch.

13,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it's just a parts car so I was curious. Thanks for the answers.

· Supra Hoarder...
1,006 Posts
If I'm remembering correctly, it's a little grey cap between the heater valve and the back of the engine, right..?

I remember when I was NA, coolant would leak through there and drop onto my exhaust manifold and create a smoke fest...

I got rid of that valve and just ran a straight hose, I'm not sure what it does, but it said "prestone" on it, so it couldn't have been stock...

13,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've seen this prestone cap 1000000 times on different supra's. One of mine included. I want to know why this is?

Hard to make it out but its here:

· FTG & the IRL!
206 Posts
Prestone flush kit tee - look to the right of the charcoal canister on the firewall.

Doom - Used for hooking up a water hose to aid in flushing the cooling system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.