Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just put on my hks ti, it sounds so quite. it sounds like a super dragger if not quieter. do you guys think its because my downpipe isnt in yet? not sure whats going on, help is appreciated
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok good so its normal. i was trying to think what the hell was going on, however the rmm dp is on its way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also all you guys with the hks ti, does the exhaust have any markings on it to show that it is indeed a hks ti.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,688 Posts
Boosting D said:
also all you guys with the hks ti, does the exhaust have any markings on it to show that it is indeed a hks ti.
Mine doesn't have any markings on it. My Ti isn't loud at all either, but it is much louder compared to other supras. Nothing compared to my z28 i had.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was comparing it to the video clip that hks has on their site of a rx7 with the ti and mine doesnt sound like that, but i also dont have the downpipe in.
 

·
Medium Ballin'
Joined
·
3,024 Posts
Boosting D said:
i was comparing it to the video clip that hks has on their site of a rx7 with the ti and mine doesnt sound like that, but i also dont have the downpipe in.
don't know what vid you're referring to, but tons of things will factor into the sound of your car.


wait until you go single, 4+" downpipe, big cams (272s or larger)...

man, nothing beats a choppy idle on these cars....
 

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
Joined
·
3,413 Posts
My T88 + HKS Ti= THE LOUDNESS!
 

·
BPU is so 1997
Joined
·
5,349 Posts
Boosting D said:
i was comparing it to the video clip that hks has on their site of a rx7 with the ti and mine doesnt sound like that, but i also dont have the downpipe in.
No offense, but you are relatively new to the import world? Rotary engines have quite a bit different sound to them compared to our inline six.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DragRacingSupra said:
Why do you want loud?
i was just a little confused because i have herd this exhaust being the "bad boy" and the how its so laud, and so i was just like wtf is this. you know what i mean.

and yes rotary i just do not understand 3 of my friends have fc's and they tried explaining this to me but i just dont understand it nor do i want to understand it lol. all i know is that they are blowing their engines evry other week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,687 Posts
You want loud?

Put a 3.5" DP or larger.
Cut off the japanese flange they use and put a real 4" vband at the end of the piping. The adapter should be replaced by either a straight 4" section or a burns stainless 4" to 3.5" transition pipe like I have.

At this point the car will be much louder.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,208 Posts
Hi-Psi said:
My T88 + HKS Ti= THE LOUDNESS!
Word. Twin GT3240s + 3.4L stroker + HKS Ti with 4-inch V-band equals THE BEST LOUDNESS. What's that you say? Speak into my right ear, please. J/K, but barely.

Ken.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,208 Posts
silvino said:
You want loud?

Put a 3.5" DP or larger.
Cut off the japanese flange they use and put a real 4" vband at the end of the piping. The adapter should be replaced by either a straight 4" section or a burns stainless 4" to 3.5" transition pipe like I have.

At this point the car will be much louder.
From the vids, this right here is one of the nastiest sounding Supras in all the land.

Ken.
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top