Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it vibrate a little under 70mph . Above 70mph and on freeway is very fuckig unbarable. I know my wheel is not bent so can it be my spring and shock?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tire balance is fine. Tires are brand new and they r fine too, only had about 1000 miles on them so far. It doesnt vibrate this bad a while back now its getting worse each day( i feel so). My steering wheels virbrate too. damn.. bad luck

·
Registered
346 Posts
Suprahaha said:
tire balance is fine. Tires are brand new and they r fine too, only had about 1000 miles on them so far. It doesnt vibrate this bad a while back now its getting worse each day( i feel so). My steering wheels virbrate too. damn.. bad luck
My car does the same I'm thinking my rotors are warped, or that I need an alighnment. :cool: :rolleyes:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My car does the same I'm thinking my rotors are warped, or that I need an alighnment
i dont think its the rotor cuz mine r new and i also had my alighnment done a month ago. Well, my car go straight w/o problem but it just kept vibrating. PISS ME OFF COME on experts

·
Registered
255 Posts
How do you know the tires are balanced fine? Maybe the guy rushed the job. Maybe one of the wheel weights came off. It's possible you hit a bump and threw it out of alignment also. Also it is possible the mechanics who did the alignment under-torqued the nuts and the car fell out of alignment.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How do you know the tires are balanced fine? Maybe the guy rushed the job. Maybe one of the wheel weights came off. It's possible you hit a bump and threw it out of alignment also. Also it is possible the mechanics who did the alignment under-torqued the nuts and the car fell out of alignment.
i know beacause its been like that ever since i bought the car. I had done so many times of alignment, and tire balance but same result. i had new rotor and brake pad on, same result. I swap the stock rim w/ 18 inch and new tires, still same result. Besides, i really dont think wheel weight came off or tire balance can cause the entire car vibrate like there is no tomorrow. Even my steering wheel is vibrating like hell.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Suprahaha said:

i know beacause its been like that ever since i bought the car. I had done so many times of alignment, and tire balance but same result. i had new rotor and brake pad on, same result. I swap the stock rim w/ 18 inch and new tires, still same result. Besides, i really dont think wheel weight came off or tire balance can cause the entire car vibrate like there is no tomorrow. Even my steering wheel is vibrating like hell.
I seem to have the same problem you have with your car, except I haven't alighned my car. Has your car been in an accident? Is your car dropped/lowered? Have you checked out the camber settings? Let me know, maybe we can both help each other out... :(

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does it happen while rolling in neutral? While in gear?
it doesnt really matter which gear i am in or in netural or not. it vibrates wheather i like it or not.. damn car.

Loose steering rack. Bad ball joints or bad tie rod ends. Have you ever taken it to a mechanic?
i have not check those cuz toyota didnt say anything when i do a 60000 major service. these might be why. thx man

I seem to have the same problem you have with your car, except I haven't alighned my car. Has your car been in an accident? Is your car dropped/lowered? Have you checked out the camber settings? Let me know, maybe we can both help each other out...
no accidnet nor drop or lower. i had my car alignmnet w/ lance's spec.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have this similar problem with my BMW523.
I have changed the steering rack (whick was loose ), ball joints, rims tyres, stabilizers, checked the drive shafts and u joints, changed the brake rotors and pads. Heck, i even have new absorbers and springs. The shit still vibrates between 80-120kph. The vibration lessens with each tyre balance, but the problem returns over and over again....

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
elejes said:
I seem to have the same problem you have with your car, except I haven't alighned my car. Has your car been in an accident? Is your car dropped/lowered? Have you checked out the camber settings? Let me know, maybe we can both help each other out... :(
Elejes, does the problem cause your rotors to run outta shape? I mean does your steering vibrate even more when you gently apply the brakes at those vibrating speeds?

·
Registered
679 Posts
I know what the problem is.....Had the same vibration on my car
just changed rotors brakes ,put on new wheels and tires..had alignment done........a few weeks after came the vibration.......
anyways the problem was my rear brake was locked on the rotor
thats the left side rear wheel.....the car still drove but at high speed it vibrate very heavy.....I took the caliper off and i had rust in it......used sandpaper to sand off the rust and now running smooth.....might have to chnge that caliper eventuallly.....

hope this helps....good luckkkk

·
Registered
346 Posts
ianong said:
Elejes, does the problem cause your rotors to run outta shape? I mean does your steering vibrate even more when you gently apply the brakes at those vibrating speeds?
Yes, it does vibrate, I guess I can check for rust on the calipers...

·
Registered
346 Posts
suprafly79 said:
I know what the problem is.....Had the same vibration on my car
just changed rotors brakes ,put on new wheels and tires..had alignment done........a few weeks after came the vibration.......
anyways the problem was my rear brake was locked on the rotor
thats the left side rear wheel.....the car still drove but at high speed it vibrate very heavy.....I took the caliper off and i had rust in it......used sandpaper to sand off the rust and now running smooth.....might have to chnge that caliper eventuallly.....

hope this helps....good luckkkk
That sounds intresting, can you elaborate a bit more? Did you take off the caliper and sanded the inside of it? Why did the rust imerge, do you live near a beach? Please let me know so that I can look into my car and try to fix the pain in the A*S problem...

:eek:

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
count me in for too for vibration...sucks. after driving my moms Camery for a week, my supra feels like its gonna fall apart with all the vibration. I am gonna have my tire balance checked tomorrow. just had alignment done. but its been vibrating ever since I lowered my car. did you guys cut the bushing when installing aftermarket shocks? cuz the shop guy did and I dont think that looks right.

I hope its not my rims bent...
I also had bent rotors before, but it would only vibrate at high speed braking, and its the brake paddle that vibrates.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts