Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More problem w/ my car...:mad: :mad: . Now my rim is leaking air. its a 2 piece rim and air is leaking from where the 2 piece meet. The tire shop told me something about silicon moves whiles they put 2 piece together. Anyone know how and where can fix that? I am in S. Cal. Another problem is my steering wheels shakes a lot while i am driving over 70mph. what can possiblely cause this?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Suprahaha said:
More problem w/ my car...:mad: :mad: . Now my rim is leaking air. its a 2 piece rim and air is leaking from where the 2 piece meet. The tire shop told me something about silicon moves whiles they put 2 piece together. Anyone know how and where can fix that? I am in S. Cal. Another problem is my steering wheels shakes a lot while i am driving over 70mph. what can possiblely cause this?
Balance on the front wheels, how new and round your tires are and/or possibly tie rods.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shake after 70mph

I am pretty sure you feel shake after 70 is because your shocks are broken or leaking oil. My car has the same problem before. So, go ahead check your shocks and the spring. See if is help!!

·
3,148 Posts
All you need to do is seal the seam where the two rim halfs meet (of course you will need to remove the tire to get to it) with silicone. I had the same problem with one of my old wheels and that worked great. This was the recommendation of the manufacturer.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
50 Posts
If your steering wheel is shaking while your drive, you have a bent trim. That probably explains the air leak too. If you have your stock rims put that on and see if your steering wheel shakes. if it doesnt, bent rim...

leonard

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THX FOR UR REPLYS ,GUYS. HOWEVER I AM STILL KINDA CONFUSED SO HELP ME 1 MORE TIME

If your steering wheel is shaking while your drive, you have a bent trim. That probably explains the air leak too. If you have your stock rims put that on and see if your steering wheel shakes. if it doesnt, bent rim...
Stock wheels = shakes. after market wheel = shake x 2.:mad: :mad: . (Can be because low profile tires and 18inch.). My rim and tires are brand new and i just balanced them. i got them 2 month ago from Japan.

I am pretty sure you feel shake after 70 is because your shocks are broken or leaking oil. My car has the same problem before. So, go ahead check your shocks and the spring. See if is help!!
i am sure my shock is not leaking oil but it can be broken. KYB AGX + eibach should fix this right?

All you need to do is seal the seam where the two rim halfs meet (of course you will need to remove the tire to get to it) with silicone. I had the same problem with one of my old wheels and that worked great. This was the recommendation of the manufacturer.
My wheel are abflug prism( 1 on the S900 conclusion kit), just wondering if u know it will work the same way.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my steering wheel shakes because of a seperated belt in a front tire. you can run your hands along the edge and feel for it. i must of hit a pothole.

if it happens only when you apply the brakes its the rotors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts