Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just wondering why everybody sticks with toyota map sensors is it not just a 0-5volt output sensor with a liniar voltage? Could you not just use a gm delco map sensor in the same scale? also has anybody checked what the voltage outputs are at different pressures. i assume the 1j is a 1bar map and the 2j is a 2bar?
just wanted to throw this out there to see what people have done cause im not into shelling out so much $$$ for a sensor.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
way different voltage scale

·
Registered
427 Posts
the 1J can't be a 1 bar map. Toyota map sensors read absolute values. The 1J is a 2 bar map (reads 1Bar below and above 0 bar).

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
It wont work.. I've tryed... the voltage scale is WAY different

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well how about other toyota maps i have heard there is one in a celica that would work.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
i sure you could make it work if you wanted but is it really worth the hassle?

You can just install a s-afc or something to take care of the fuel and add huge injectors.

all that a diff map would do is rescale the accel map on the ecu

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well im using a greddy emanage anyway but i need somthing to start from. cause right now i have no map sensor at all.

·
Registered
427 Posts
msdg137 said:
Why cant we use a Gm 3bar and adjust it with an SAFC? I was debating whether to give it a try.
SAFC is a 2D map...you could get it tuned ok for WOT, but then you have to drive it and it would be thrown off, or you could get it tuned for driving, but in WOT it would suck.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
i have tried to tune it with the emanage.. the voltages are so different at idle i couldent get it to work...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ckanderson said:
i have tried to tune it with the emanage.. the voltages are so different at idle i couldent get it to work...
which sensor are u refering to??

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
2 bar GM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts