Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Swinging HARD!
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a certain person brought in their car to have a real TIAL bov put in to replace their eBay unit that was staying open causing their car to die on them. We pulled it apart after we got it out and this is what we found.

Bent up clamp and rust on the bolts and fitting

Yep, a chip and a crack, very nice parts...

Close up of the crack

The spring has been ground down.

·
2turbos1supra
1,614 Posts
one day, im going to have garret build my 1000hp mkiv using only ebay parts and top it off with the finest veilside body kit copy I can find

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
i'm surprised that kit is still in 1 piece!!it was a bandaid fix at the time when my motor was out of the car! of course eBay can not compare to name brand , in terms of quality lol..... 12k dd boosting everyday i'm not surprised. i thought the kit was going to break at 5k miles lol...

funny thing is i would SMOKE every poster above me except the op lol.

:fawk:

·
Bully
5,319 Posts
i'm surprised that kit is still in 1 piece!!it was a bandaid fix at the time when my motor was out of the car! of course eBay can not compare to name brand , in terms of quality lol..... 12k dd boosting everyday i'm not surprised. i thought the kit was going to break at 5k miles lol...

Yes your car does blow the most smoke.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts

haha..at least it lived past your expectations....it was worth it then lol.
Somone posted a real Tial failure of similar nature on SM a while back as well.

·
Swinging HARD!
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

It did start breaking at 5k miles, thats when your oil leak started happening isnt it? hahaha. Or was that then your original XS Power Brrrritz BOV welded shut on you. Two BOVs in 1 year has to be a record.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
It did start breaking at 5k miles, thats when your oil leak started happening isnt it? hahaha. Or was that then your original XS Power Brrrritz BOV welded shut on you. Two BOVs in 1 year has to be a record.
the bliz bov was a real one , the one that came with the kit we never put on because it was DOA lol...

like i said, if i was building a 800 hp supra i wouldnt use ebay parts period, it was a bandaid mod to get my car back on the road , when things start to break i will replace them with better parts.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
acuatlly im kind of wondering...who here has put more then 15k miles on their single turbo without any rebuild??

1 - 20 of 38 Posts