Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I want to change my current suspension I have right now in my 800RWHP '94 Supra.

I want to go for coil over system in my car.

I use this car just in weekend and for fun, not my daily car.

The question is, wich kind of shocks, coil over or suspension you recomended me to install to my car??

I know we have a lot of brands, but need something good quality!

Thanks for response!!

·
Administrator
17,272 Posts
I've heard pretty good things about the JIC setups. The Teins aren't regarded as well in Japan but are definitely popular over here in the US, and the HKS Hyper Dampers are also a pretty good overall choice.

Unfortunately, I cannot give you any words of wisdom from my own experience as I haven't owned/built a coilover equipped MKIV Supra yet.

Steve T.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Could you be more specific about what you are looking for? You say you drive it for "fun" but what kind of fun? Drag? Road Course? You posted to the road racing/autocross section so I am wondering just what you are looking for. I have a coilover set up but whether or not it works for you depends on what you want to do. Let us know more.
Barry H.

·
Banned
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bwill said:
Could you be more specific about what you are looking for? You say you drive it for "fun" but what kind of fun? Drag? Road Course? You posted to the road racing/autocross section so I am wondering just what you are looking for. I have a coilover set up but whether or not it works for you depends on what you want to do. Let us know more.
Barry H.
What do you have for me??

I love the stiff suspension. So I'm looking for like more road race setup but for the street.

Thanks!!

·
insert cool fact here
449 Posts
JIC flt-a2's will fit the bill. they are stiff enough in stock form not to regret it. if you wanted a track only suspension, you could order stiffer spring rates (20k up front, 14k in the rear) or go with something like Zeal Super Function. Tein's are too soft IMO. The type flex is the only one with a threaded shock body, but i think they only have 12k and 6k springrates from the factory.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Well you will get a lot of suggestions and here is mine. I use Eibach ERS linear race springs 800lbs front/ 500lbs. rear. It is pretty stiff without making the street undbearable. What is the stock rate 430fr/219r I think? I would get some custom valved koni shocks set up for the motion ratio of the Supra suspension. I have Konis but not the custom valving. Konis done custom start at about $350 a shock. I also use Ground Control sleeves which are well built and are one of the easier units to adjust.
Barry H.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts