Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think is the best wide band? fjo,aem,ect

i've been reading and the fjo sounds the best but im not 100% sure yet. any input would be nice! thanks

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
You have to specify a price range to really quality that. You can spend over $1500 for a Motec top of the line wideband. Innovative LM-1, FJO would be my choice in the lower price category. I would not mess with AEM. You can use NTK sensors on those two which are more accurate i think, and can handle lead better as I am told.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I have two PLX Devices WBs, and I am completely satisfied with the quality and price. It comes with and without a display and integrates seemlessly with the AEM.

FWIW, I have no affiliation with PLX. I'm just a satisfied customer.

-scott

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Don't get me wrong- I own a PLX R-300, but I do see more than a few posts on the PLX forum about probs with the R-500 (dim screen or screens that white-out under heat, RAM probs). I would say look at some of their other models instead.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
MtFujiSupra said:
Don't get me wrong- I own a PLX R-300, but I do see more than a few posts on the PLX forum about probs with the R-500 (dim screen or screens that white-out under heat, RAM probs). I would say look at some of their other models instead.
I can't vouche for the R-500. I was referring to the WBs with or without display that operate as WBs, only. The R-500 is trying to do much more the monitor AFRs; consequently, it probably has some bugs. I don't believe you'll find those kinds of problems with their other WBs.

-scott

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
for guys runnin the fjo on a aems, what is the part number for the replacement o2 sensors?price?. i have been told mine is getting lazy and need to get a new 1 asap.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
anyone have opinions on the greddy a/f gauges? are they even a wideband? and are they a standalone gauge or do they only tie into an e-manage

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
I am going to be trying out the NGK/NTK Power AFX shortly on racegas. You can use either the boshe or the NTK(the same one that fjo uses)
I called the tech line when i realized i had gotton a boshe sensor and was sent to the designer of the AFX. He said that its not so much the sensor itself as much as it is the reader. He basicly said that a Boshe will last just as long with racegas as the NTK sensor will, but doesnt deal with shocks as bad(shock=hit with liquid fuel, water, etc..)
He said this is why the FJO receives such good reveiws as its a great reader.
BTW, you can use either sensor with the AFX, its plug and play on either. I asked him would it be better if I went ahead and went with a NTK sensor made by them, or stick with the boshe. To my suprise he said to stay with boshe since I allready had it(didnt try to sell me another). He said that anyone who wishes can add $100 to the price and get the optional NTK sensor, bringing the total price to $350.
Will it work as good with the boshe, who knows. He said to keep it happy, calibrate it more frequently. Time will tell I guess.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I don't know if it works with the AEM or other standalones, but I use the Zeitronix ZT2 WB. It was not expensive at all and works GREAT for me. I have 1j MKIII. There is no jumping around. The numbers are pretty solid (unless you have other problems). I am VERY SATISFIED with it.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
motorheaddown said:
I have two PLX Devices WBs, and I am completely satisfied with the quality and price. It comes with and without a display and integrates seemlessly with the AEM.

FWIW, I have no affiliation with PLX. I'm just a satisfied customer.

-scott
I agree a FJO seems like a waste of money to me...

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
I love my LM1.. only thing i dont like is there is no display to mount for easy viewing.. I will probably purchase a plx m300 to permanantly install in my car and just use the lm1 for tuning other cars..

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
u can buy the innovate standalone.. which is the gauge (very nice one) and the 02 sensor.. io think its called the xd-12 or something

·
Diehard 4G63/AWD User
666 Posts
I have used an Innovate LM1 and currently, I have the PLX M300 which I love. Nice compact display and I can log it with my software. No problemo. Has seen quite a few tanks of race gas and reads just as fine. This is with the Bosch LSU sensor. ;) Not bad for something you can get under $300.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts