Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was told that i can purchase a wideband o2 and it will hook upto my map ecu do you have any details on this how much it costs anything? can i order it from you?

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
All you do is follow those instructions and that's it? no need to buy any other WB equipment other than the actual sensor? If so, great stuff!

·
Im da TRAIN, u on da trax
666 Posts
i would also like to know if its that simple...

buy the sensor, conect it, and u dont need an actual wideband?

maybe a WB would still be preferred?

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
I dont recommend the sensor method. IF you want an accurate tune and also the added benefit of always being able to view your A/F ratios use an actual wideband controller.

There are many inexpensive units out there and some that are more pricey but offer much greater flexibility and function.

The Inovate for instance is a great wideband kit for low money. Its kind of a large display box, not suitable for hardmounting really but functions well and is cheap. On the other end of that scale youv got the HKS A/F knock amp which is a wideband controller, digital display, and an engine knock monitor. IT never ceases to amaze me how many people overlook the need to monitor engine knock. The knock amp is closer to $1100.00 however after sensor etc.

So in a nut shell I do not recommend the Map ecu being used without a wideband controller in the car, or tuning on a dyno somewhere. Just common sense really.

IF any one has any other questions or need to purchase a unit, or wideband, or whatever just e-mail me directly at [email protected]

Thanks

Ben

·
SupraForums Manufacturer/Tuner
1,002 Posts
Toro34 said:
i would also like to know if its that simple...

buy the sensor, conect it, and u dont need an actual wideband?

maybe a WB would still be preferred?
Later version MAP ECU's such as Version 2.2 have no support for direct connection to a wideband Bosch LSM-11 sensor any longer. We used that back in Version 2.1 and early 2.2, but have since taken it out. As Obiwan mentioned, you should use a separate external wideband controller to do air/fuel and not rely on the MAP ECU as it was never designed to be a true wideband controller.

JH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts