Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to sum up and clarify everything I've searched and read... Am I correct?

1.) I should put the o2 sensor on the downpipe. Probably right after the flange on the midpipe side. (My only worry is a possible exhaust leak at the flange that would throw off that sensor?)

2.) When tuning with methanol, I should still try to achieve the normal AFR numbers. ie, 11.5 or so to be safe. A lot of stuff I read varies back and forth on this and I never saw a clear answer.

·
(overspooled)
2,836 Posts
GypsyMage said:
Just to sum up and clarify everything I've searched and read... Am I correct?

1.) I should put the o2 sensor on the downpipe. Probably right after the flange on the midpipe side. (My only worry is a possible exhaust leak at the flange that would throw off that sensor?)

2.) When tuning with methanol, I should still try to achieve the normal AFR numbers. ie, 11.5 or so to be safe. A lot of stuff I read varies back and forth on this and I never saw a clear answer.
Make sure the flange is tight like it's supposed to be and then mount the wide band o2 sensor in the down pipe make sure it is far enough back so you don't get it too hot. Some say 800c is the threshold I have mine mounted 4 inches behing my EGT.

As for #2 I don't have a clue never ran meth in my supra... It should let you run a little leaner than you might without it but i'd guess you'd need to see how much timing you are actually pulling, your egt's etc... Should; IMO take a global tuning approach not just A/f...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts