Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm so sorry for creating so many threads recently. I've been doing a little upgrading and want to get it done right, so I ask many questions.

I'm prob gonna install my LM1 wideband kit tomorrow. I have yet to thermal wrap the dp. I want to log RPM, throttle %, boost. I think that's about it. I already have a 3bar map sensor.

So if I log these with the LM1, it'll just log raw voltage. I need to know what each voltage means for eaach sensor.

i.e. Enable to log RPM, I need to know the rpm and voltage for 2 points:
1.4volts = 1250rpm
5.0volts = 8500rpm (these are made up numbers)

If someone can somehow tell me the rpm, throttle %, and perhaps the 3bar voltage, THANKS.

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
Boost will depend on the sensor you're using.

TPS will vary from car to car but on mine 0.62V is 0% throttle, and 3.57V is 100%

RPM is a pulsed signal, not a analog signal so unless you have a digital to analog converter you won't have a linear relationship between rpm and voltage. You'll have an relationship between rpm and frequency of the signal.

·
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ubermensch said:
RPM is a pulsed signal, not a analog signal so unless you have a digital to analog converter you won't have a linear relationship between rpm and voltage. You'll have an relationship between rpm and frequency of the signal.

Yea, I have the RPM adapter for the Innovate wideband. It turns an electronic signal to an analog signal that the wideband can log or something. I just need to know what each voltage is so I can log it.

As for the TPS, how did you know that's what yours is? Maybe I can do whatever you do and get it too.

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
If Innovative did the A/D converter your best best is either asking them or measuring it yourself. As you pointed out you only need two points so you could take zero rpm (easy) and idle (easy).

·
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ubermensch said:
If Innovative did the A/D converter your best best is either asking them or measuring it yourself. As you pointed out you only need two points so you could take zero rpm (easy) and idle (easy).
Are you referring to the rpm? Could I assume 0volts = 0rpm?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts