Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive searched and tried to wire but im no good at either so...

i am trying to wire up my used aem wideband and i do not have the instructions... please tell me exactly what each of the four wires are... i have red, black, white, and blue... i would love to have the car up and running tomorrow...

also, what power source do you use?.. i have seen people say they used their seat heater source but i do not know where they tap in... is it one of the plugs under the shifter console?.. which pins from the plug do i use?.. sorry for all the questions but i tried looking this up here and on an aem link with no luck.. i dont know how to use a multimeter and i just want to do this right and not break anything so i thought id ask...

thanks
brian

·
Gone Fishin
395 Posts
Hey Brian, good to see you are still on here, haven't seen you post in awhile. Sorry that I can't help I just had mine installed at MSP. Seems to be working great. Hope you can find someone to help you. Hope to see you at a local meet.
-Matt

·
Registered
298 Posts
If I can remember correctly red is power, black is ground, blue is an output for 1-5 volts and white is an output that I didn't use

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
If you can't operate a multimeter you should consider having someone else do the work. This is how electrical systems get in terrible shape (hacked into by a novice).

S.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies...

hows it going psi... long time no see...

ubermensch... i am neither a hack nor a novice... my complete suspension, clutch, custom intercooler (with help), turbo system, exhaust/downpipe, and stereo were all concieved, fabbed, and installed by me... i can do simple things like wiring my own stereo, amps, speakers, lights, relays, and map ecu and i DO NOT do a hack job on anything... this, however, is not something i want messed up so i am not going to try it myself... all i need is someone to tell me what wires to use...
i take it youre good with a multimeter so why dont you do me a favor and let me know what wires to use...

brian

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have the AEM wideband. It is recommended to have it wired directly to the battery for the most accurate readings. In this case you should you have to use a relay powered by the battery, that is switched on by the ignition. This is how wired it and it has worked very well.

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
I've never used the aem uego but as other's stated the electrical convention is red=power, black=ground, white/blue are signals. You'll need to check which wire (white or blue) is the wideband output (0-5v) and which is narrowband (0-1v). The AEM unit is well known for having ground issues so make sure you have a good ground connection, and perhaps even follow the advice about grounding directly to the battery.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks mfr... i saw on the aem forum link that it doesnt like dips in power but i have a 225 amp alternator and the seat heaters would have thick wiring to heat thier elements so i thoght id just use that source... if i dont get an answer by the end of the day for the seat heater ill just pick ur a relay on my way home...

either way, do you know what each of the four wires are?..

brian

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
uber... just saw you posted as i was posting... thanks for all info so far... now all i need is which one is the 0-5v output...

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
yellow97tt6spd said:
uber... just saw you posted as i was posting... thanks for all info so far... now all i need is which one is the 0-5v output...
You said you're not good with a multimeter but I assumed you do have one, right? If not, go buy a cheap one from radioshack or homedepot, etc. Plug the leads in, set the meter to DC voltage, and place the black lead against your ground and the red lead against either the blue or the white wire while the car is idling. If it reads ~0.5V that's your narrowband output, if it reads ~2.5 that's your wideband output.

S.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Actually one wire is for the output, you have to selct what range you want on the back of the gauge. The other wire is used to log the AFR by hooking it up to a serial port.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Just checked the instructions: Blue is the serial output. White is the 0-5v output.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so white will go to my map ecu's input, correct...

thanks again
brian

·
Registered
295 Posts
yellow97tt6spd said:
so white will go to my map ecu's input, correct...

thanks again
brian
Yes, but you have to get the right o2 cal file for to work correctly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts