Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody done this? I was thinking about using my stock rear wheels for the front and getting another set of rears widened so I can use 315's on them.. How much does this cost? I like the look of the stock wheels but I want more rubber on the road. Who does this in the southeast?

Jeff

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
One of our local Supra guys had his rear wheels widened by some company in California. He put a pair of stock rear wheels up front and then had his original rear wheels widened to 11.5". He uses 255/35-17 front and 315/35/-17 rear. Of course he had to roll the rear fender. But it did wonders for traction! And looks too.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you know who he is? I am thinking about doing this and want to find out how much is costs and how it works. I dont mind rolling the rear fenders. I want the traction.

Jeff

·
3,148 Posts
One problem is you will have to run spacers and longer lugs to get the widened rear wheels to fit.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steve do you know the info I would need to put on the order form?

G

·
0 Posts
Any update on this? Anyone know the name and contact info of where phil got his wheels done. I would rather deal with a place that has done supra wheels before.

I

·
0 Posts
contact phil directly

his email is something like [email protected]

i forget the rest

do a search on the boards, or look under mkiv.com readers rides, he is in atlanta georgia. i think his user name might be pwpanas, on the board, but i can't remember for sure.

-gte

goodguyjosh said:
Any update on this? Anyone know the name and contact info of where phil got his wheels done. I would rather deal with a place that has done supra wheels before.

·
Supra Addict Since 1984
362 Posts
Phil Panas used Vaughn Engineering for his wheel widening. I think he paid around $200 per wheel. Vaughn is located in Southern California.

Good Luck -
John

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
That is actually a pretty sweet deal, not to mention a viable alternative to aftermarket wheels. Can anyone here vouch for the strength of a widened wheel, and would it be preferable to start with a stock front or rear to accomplish the 11 or 11.5 width (ie: does it make a difference which one they start with?). Thanks.

Steve T.

·
3,148 Posts
You need to start with a stock rear wheel. When you widen the stock 9.5" wheel to an 11" wheel you add 1.5". To maintain a +50mm offset you will need a .75" thick spacer and longer lug nuts. If you use a stock front wheel and widen it from 8" to 11" you will add 3". To maintain a +50mm offset you will need a 1.5" thick spacer. :eek: If you could find a cheap 9.5" wheel with a +31mm offset than you could widen it to an 11" wheel and have a +50mm offset without adding a spacer or longer lug nuts. The same is true with widening a 9" wheel to 11" by starting with a +25mm offset.

Later, Steve

T

·
0 Posts
could someone please explain the whole rolling of the fenders thing, i'm kinda confused. thanks in advance

1 - 14 of 14 Posts