Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the widest tire you can fit on STOCK TT RIMS without rubbing. Fenders are not rolled or cut. Suspension is stock.

Thanks.

·
Registered
428 Posts
235s on the front & 275s on the rear according to Steve's fitment spreadsheet.

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
I have no fender or wheel well mods but I am dropped a little on coilovers. As far as street tires on stock wheels, I've had quite a few sets of 245/40's on front and 275/40's on back, and even though I'm lowered about 1-1/4" I never had a clearance problem of any kind. IMO if you put a 275 on back you "need" more than a 235 on front to reduce understeer.

With R compound track tires which have much stiffer sidewalls and can take the "abusive fitment" I now have 255/40 Toyo RA-1's on the stock front wheel and till no clearance problem even with very hard cornering on the track; other serious track guys here have used 255 Victoracers on stock front wheels, but that is also a very stiff sidewall track tire. I don't recommend a 255 street tire on the stock front wheel since the tire is too wide for the wheel imo, so I say go with 245.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Just posted a thread a week or 2 ago. I'm currently runnng 245 / 40 F and 275 / 40 rear in street tires with about a 1inch drop all the way around..... no fitment issues.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
245 275 are perfect sizes for the stock wheels. AS soon as I get some cash im buying two more rear wheels to put up front and run 255f 275r

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
correct, a few people have and are still running 315's on the stock rear wheels ...not a good fitment imo and since the tire is so squeezed you don't get an improved contact patch compared to the 275. Some people like how it looks with the 315's.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts