Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a set of 18" SSR's that are +37 offset on the front. The tires on there right now are 245/40/18.

what is the widest I can fit without having issues?

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
are the wheels 8" wide or 10" wide ...gotta know that to size the tire on that offset.

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
wasting my life on SF
1,808 Posts
you can get away with a 275 but it will look like its squeesed on there. (on an 8.5 wide wheel, not sure about the offset.)

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you can get away with a 275 but it will look like its squeesed on there. (on an 8.5 wide wheel, not sure about the offset.)
this is for the front. I don't want rubbing issues.

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
racelogic? er sorry ;)

they are 8.5 wide

Josh,
sorry I forgot, this weekend I'll dl the RLTC settings and send it to you.

Assuming you have no fender mods, with this specific sizing/offset trying to step up even one tire size from your 245/40 to a 255/35 front is a VERY close call. For example, if you had +40 offset, I agree with what the fitment guide shows which is that it would fit. So that means that with your +37 offset and a 255/35 tire, the difference is that the outer tire edge sticks out by an additional 0.12 inches over the +40. That's so close that I could not say for sure and I think the fitment guide even takes exception to that close of a fit.

Is it possible you can have a 255/35 mounted to see if it fits? Otherwise I wouldn't take a chance and stay with the 245.

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Josh,
sorry I forgot, this weekend I'll dl the RLTC settings and send it to you.

Assuming you have no fender mods, with this specific sizing/offset trying to step up even one tire size from your 245/40 to a 255/35 front is a VERY close call. For example, if you had +40 offset, I agree with what the fitment guide shows which is that it would fit. So that means that with your +37 offset and a 255/35 tire, the difference is that the outer tire edge sticks out by an additional 0.12 inches over the +40. That's so close that I could not say for sure and I think the fitment guide even takes exception to that close of a fit.

Is it possible you can have a 255/35 mounted to see if it fits? Otherwise I wouldn't take a chance and stay with the 245.
Thanks Nick,

I think that I will just stick with the 245's and play it safe. I have really bad luck when trying to do things that MAY be close. When I try them they always go over for some dumb reason. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts