Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Broke Supra Addicted Fool
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car recently suffered a bhg so I tore her down and found whats pictured below. I am wondering how a hg blows like this and what might have caused it to prevent this from happening again. I have more pics if the pros need to see em ;)

This was a cometic mhg btw.... And I am now deciding to go with a normal hg and I have two in my posession and am wondering which one you guys would use... One is an Apex and the other is a Eucrtic or something like that.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I would say a good amount of detonation would blow that gasket like that. Do you have a wideband in the car?

·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I do, I have an LM1 mounted under the passenger side on the exhuast... I tuned it 11.5 at the leanest point...

·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump... curious witch head gasket I should use?

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
The first one looks like a better design, but why not just spring for another metal one? You've done all the labor to pull it apart, why not just spend the extra hundred on insurance?

·
Living the dream...
539 Posts
Use a HKS gasket and you won't have any problems.

Well worth the extra $$...

·
Turbonetics..****** asses
1,062 Posts
SupraCentral said:
Use a HKS gasket and you won't have any problems.

Well worth the extra $$...
I'll remember those words once I get my head off and find out why my Sup was blowing the white james bond smoke screen Down I66

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,259 Posts
high boost lifted the head, detonation, or improper torque specs.

Heat had to pass form one cyl to the other to cause the metal to do that.

I think installing a stock HG when you know you are going to boost over stock power is the stupidest thing you could do. It's setting you up for another HG job.

I've only ever used the HKS 1.2 stopper hg. Never ONCE had a problem, even at 27 PSI. But then again it's all subjective to install.

·
JZS161 Aristo TT
881 Posts
Serzy said:
My car recently suffered a bhg so I tore her down and found whats pictured below. I am wondering how a hg blows like this and what might have caused it to prevent this from happening again. I have more pics if the pros need to see em ;)
You block is no longer flat :eek4dance

Get a staight edge in there you will see the low spots were its blown

.....Its not broken its getting a upgrade.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts