Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i took advantage of some clear roads this smorning about 4am awhile droping some peeps off a few counties over, and i cruised the whole time around 100mph,

when i got back home and refilled i noticed i got almost 21mpg, and the best i had done before was 19 once , and 17 average.. and about 15 in the city,

this is w/ an auto ...

has any one else noticed gettin slightly better mph on high rate of speed cruising?

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
Might have cleared the clogs in the cats and the carbon from the plugs.

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had gutted the cat a few days before, and i drive roughly 100 miles a day, so i had a fill up or two to fall back on, im thinking maybe just the higher cruise speed, and the lighter throttle at those speeds help on gas milage.. to bad we dont have an autobahn...

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
pimptrizkit said:
i had gutted the cat a few days before, and i drive roughly 100 miles a day, so i had a fill up or two to fall back on, im thinking maybe just the higher cruise speed, and the lighter throttle at those speeds help on gas milage.. to bad we dont have an autobahn...

no shit, we need one... underground.... with lights... and junk

·
1993 RX-7
278 Posts
I always made 16-18 on my old na. First time checking my turbo's, i made 26mpg. It still astounds me. It was on a long highway trip, usually over 80mph. I kept out of the boost that trip, but still 26 is insane.

·
Registered
259 Posts
turbos were initially introduced to improve effeciency/// it jus so happens by doing so you also can create power :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
When I bought my supra I drove it home from toronto to montreal and I kept it at 100km/hr ->60miles/hr and got 29mpg with 550's installed

Never got that high again but I don't do much highway, all boosting through city so now I'm around 14mpg

·
Sawblades Rock!!!
194 Posts
Durrr said:
I get 29 to 34 on the highway depending on the road conditions/hills etc
Bullshit. Or your car must be in supreme runing condition. Do you have it tuned? Not calling you liar, just hard to believe...
:)
:bowdown:

·
Captain Hammer
2,020 Posts
I clocked 32mpg in the supra on the way to mine and my wifes honeymoon. Slight uphill going into mountains, but a gently 90mph cruise. Once we got there, I got about 12.... we had a cabin rented on the very top of a mountain in Tenneesee, and it was a gravel road with switchbacks, lots of switchbacks... We had fun... =)

But the old setup and my driving habits would be 17 city, 27+ highway.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Starting from half a tank of gas, I got ~200 miles; cruising at around 60-80 miles an hour.

Boost loves gas.

·
Street Sleeper
1,114 Posts
I topped up this morning I averaged 22.6 mpg last week but thats with alot of stop starting, cold starts and a bit of boosting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts