Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While i was driving the car yestrday nothing special or no hard pulls just a bit of traffic jam so i was shifting in and out of gears alot the car started having a wierd noise coming from the clutch area the noise is rpm related and its like a vibration clunk also the cluch pedal was bit weaker i checked the fluid its full.

I drove home slowly wasnt too far from home, the noise comes when i accelerate but when i coast everything is normal, 4th gear i noticed gave me the least problems i just took it easy and got home.

I lifted the car and open the cluch inpection plate nothing is odd at the first look, i turned the car on let it idle and no noise but i noticed that pressure plate is vibrating a little bit not my question is how much if any is acceptable? When i raise the rpm i can hear the noise so am ruling the transmission out or the drive shaft

Also anything else i can test, am gona lift the car fully pop it in gear and try to see if i can pinpoint the noise but its hard, am hoping for some advice or ideas but it looks like am just gona take it to the dealer i dont wona mess with it :( thx for the help.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update
BAh well i can say that the bolts between the flywheel and the cluch seams ok, and also when i test the engine its seams ok
I took her for a slow spin around the block and when i hold the shifter i feel the vibration like something is grinding inside the transmition so i think its done, changing gears feels different is not as hard as it used to be, its alot easier
and i noticed that when going in reverse everything is ok
any input would be appreciated

1 - 2 of 2 Posts