Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brakes lights as well as the turn signals and reverse lights work but the orange brake light in the dash still comes on. to make it even more wierd, this only happens when it rains or after it rains. On sunny days, i dont get the orange light. I'm thinking maybe something gets wet and it throws the switch for the light to come on. what could this be?

·
Registered
32 Posts
this happened to me too, water gets into the tail lights, you have to let it dry or dry it yourself. it shorts out the lights or something.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I get that as well...but all of my contacts are good and dry, so i was thinking maybe it's the third brake light in the spoiler...

Andriy

·
Registered
87 Posts
first thing i would do is replace the cursed yellow box! The lamp failure sensor or whatever its called. If you have a buddy with a mk3 that doesnt have the orange light problem, see if you can test his cursed yellow box on your car.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i've noticed that after it rains, the left rear turn signal has some condensation on it. water may be getting it there. sounds like i'll have to replace the gasket. where is the cursed yellow box that you guys speak of?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts