Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
fbody to supra to fbody
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went out to start the car, pushed in clutch, turned the key, heard tons of clicks and everything, but no dice. Tried again, no dice. Now the same thing will happen sometimes, but it'll pause and then start fine. Once it cranks there's no problem, it always catches. But sometimes it doesn't even crank. Any ideas? This is intermittent, which almost leads me to the clutch start switch...?

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
jbsupra89t said:
So I went out to start the car, pushed in clutch, turned the key, heard tons of clicks and everything, but no dice. Tried again, no dice. Now the same thing will happen sometimes, but it'll pause and then start fine. Once it cranks there's no problem, it always catches. But sometimes it doesn't even crank. Any ideas? This is intermittent, which almost leads me to the clutch start switch...?
Sounds like the starter to me...

·
Registered
79 Posts
sounds like a dead cell in your battery........test it..........
if it was the neutral safety switch(clutch switch) you wouldnt get anything but dash lights and acc..........if your battery is good you have a bad ground .........replace the old one

·
fbody to supra to fbody
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Took the car to class this morning (it started RIGHT after I posted), and the car was off and on 4 times, without any hiccup. Wierd... I'll take a look at all the grounds this weekend, test the battery, clean all the grounds, etc.

G

·
mine made that noise when my battery was nearly dead, but it didnt start, i jumped the car and everything was fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts