Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. This started happening a whial ago and i have been able to keep my car going for a whial. but once in a whial i will go to start my car and it just doesnt crank atall, i can here the fule pump,
The starter stafty switch(wire with a brown square clip on the starter) for some reason doesnt make a good contact. so what i end up doing is reachin down to the starter, wiggle the wire and then eventualy itll crank.
i have taken it off a cupple times and presses the conecterso it makes a tighter connection. but itll work fine for about 4 days or so then i have to start wiggeling it again.
anyone have this problem, if so what did you do. i doubt theres a break in the wire but i donno.
thanks
harry

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Replace the wire and the clip. If you still have the problem, you are one of many that experience ignition system failure. You then have to route a wire from your battery to the starter where that wire connects to, via a starter switch that you mount on your dash.

·
Registered
454 Posts
If it's tight you should have contact. You could replace the end with an insulated female spade connector (home depot/ace). It could also be the starter contacts. They are available from Toyota.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i thought about replacing the wire connecter, there was alot of clean wire showing out of the conecter so i think thats my anwser.
thanks for the imput.
harry

·
Registered
583 Posts
the easiest way to tell if it is the connector is too bare wire it onto the terminal. if it works than the connector sucks, if not its the connector on the starter or the ignition wire.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well. i just said fuck it i have a NA harnes so i cut the conecter off that and put it on mine and just conected it to the wire on the harnes... it workes fine right now i will see if any more problems come about. hope not cuz it pisses me off alot.

·
aka supra_driven
196 Posts
i know what u mean. One time i got stuck without the right tools to take down the starter and it was hell. Hopefully that's the last time you have to fiddle with that wire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts