HKS Racing BOV
Unorthodox FW
Southbend DXD Carbon/ Kevlar Clutch
K&N intake
Defcon DP
3" all the way including test pipe
Greddy Profec e-01
RX-7 Silver wheels

I'm torn between a mig welder, fuel mods and an emanage. I need more options guys. Any Ideas?

·
evil will always triumph
2,225 Posts
u should try and get in on the 550 inj w/ AFPR from MVP!!!

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
only problem with fuel -- is you'll want/need to get something to lean it out shortly after -- lexus afm and a s-afc, for example...

3,796 Posts
Yeah if you could muster up another $150-200 you could get 550/lex/afpr/walbro combo.

Or get a MHG and Studs with say EGT and Boost gauges in a nice pod....

The possibilities are endless:p

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Darkside racing 550's are cheaper, and they are the same exact Lucas injectors RC sells. (Even are flow tested and marked with flow rates.)
JBL has the best prices on a AFPR/Kit, his fits perfect.
Lexus AFM is 150.00 from most salvage yards.
Buy the E-Man, you will love it with the E-01, that is what I use, and it works well.
I'm curious about your Stage V T3/T4, where does your turbo spool up RPM wise? I have the same thing, and I'm not happy with the 4k+ range of power. (Not much below there, and then it pulls great, but I quickly run into redline.) I'm thinking a smaller AR on the exhaust side would be better in our cars, but nobody has any AR data on the "CT" based bolt on housing.
What do you think? Do you have good low end power?
Thanks

·
Boost-a-holic
555 Posts
100 shot from suprastore... not a daily deal but may be real fun on weekends... besides i need some feedback on how it works as im lookin to get it also.

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
Painless_1 said:
Southbend DXD Carbon/ Kevlar Clutch
How is the clutch? where did you get it from?

Personally, id go with a MIG welder. for $500 you can get a nice new one that can weld steel, stainless, and even aluminum if you choose the right model.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
adjuster said:
I'm curious about your Stage V T3/T4, where does your turbo spool up RPM wise? I have the same thing, and I'm not happy with the 4k+ range of power. (Not much below there, and then it pulls great, but I quickly run into redline.) I'm thinking a smaller AR on the exhaust side would be better in our cars, but nobody has any AR data on the "CT" based bolt on housing.
What do you think? Do you have good low end power?
Thanks
My low end power does me fine. I start spooling (3rd gear) at about 3000-3200 Rpm w/ full boost by 4K. (only 12 psi though).

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Re: Wife says I have $500 for xmas

Enraged said:
How is the clutch? where did you get it from?

Personally, id go with a MIG welder. for $500 you can get a nice new one that can weld steel, stainless, and even aluminum if you choose the right model.
It's a 6 puck. Got it from Horepower freaks. Here's the link:

http://www.dxdracingclutches.com/home.html

I know there a re a bunch of the MKIV guys running this. I still have less than 500 miles on it, so I haven't gotten on it much yet. So far I love it. It feels like my stock clutch (pedal pressure & release height). But grabs really well.

Maybe I should get 2 wives, so by next christmas I'll have $1K. lol

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,993 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Wife says I have $500 for xmas

Maybe I should get 2 wives, so by next christmas I'll have $1K. lol [/B][/QUOTE]

:lol: Good Idea

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
everyone is suggesting performance mods, how about a lil in car entertainment mod? decent head unit, some good component speakers....decent amp....I muster that up for 500.....plus a lil maybe depending on your goals volume/sound quality....i.e. amp selection. Some of the cheaper amps work great if you don't care to wake the dead down the street all the time....My Jensen four channel peice of poo rocks, amplifies crystal clear and nice and loud for my purpose.....drowning out hondas w/ folgers mufflers.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
I still have a few sets of the 550's w/ clips available from the group buy. I bought 200 of those damn things and I have about 3 sets left now. I was combining it with an AFPR for 515. JBL sells the same AFPR for quite a bit higher than the 130 I am selling it for. But he also sells an install kit. I don't. I can set you up with a walbro and install kit too if you want to go that route. You would be about 100 bucks over, but what's a little extra here and there? ;)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On second thought, I'd say Welder......there's nothing you can't fabricate with some mandrel bent tubing and a welder....!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts