Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
smthing beautiful in life
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

I know it's kinda stupid to ask now but anyway... Yesterday I got my ASSO exhaust muffler along with K&N air filter. So today I'm putting all these together, into my 1990 turbo. Exhaust is no problem, but I have a doubt about the filter. It's 10" long. Will it fit in lengh once the stock one is removed? The connecting air filter adapter will be made as well, but I wanna know what are my chances and maybe difficulties. Did someboy face the exact problem? Thanks.

:urowned:

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I have a 9" long filter, but I also dont have the stock accordian hose...

I do not think you will fit a 10" long filter with the stock accordian hose and afm. It is going to hit the rad support.

·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have any pics of your engine bay?

What about cutting rad support?

I haven't taken out the stock one, but as far as I can see it has plastic stock air intake which goes further, towards the fog light...

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
you can see it in this old sig pic, but its irrelevant since I dont have the stock turbo, exhaust manifold, intake pipe..

I wouldn't advise cutting the rad support. Get a smaller filter (6" long fits).

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
i can barely fit a normal cone on mine with my IC piping setup

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yeah, I have a 6" long filter, and with the acordian pipe and afm, the filter is right up against the rear of the headlight housing

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
yeah and i have the cooleze intake pipe, but that doesnt matter much because it is the exact same size as the stock acordian hose.

·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the only way out is trade that into 6"... :rolleyes:

I thought I could drill a hole just right before the right foglight :scratch:

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
i guess if you really wanted, you could extend the intake piping through the hole right under the right head light. get straight pipe to go through the hole and a 90* pipe to put the filter on.

i had this type of setup when i first got my car. i didnt really like it, so i moved it back to the original location. now i have a fucked up filter that BARELY clears the fan blades :faint:

·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really do and I will try to take all the stuff beneaf the head light.

So you mean place the air filter in the fron little bay? That sounds interesting, I'll consider that.

p.s. any pics of your first setup would be appreciated.

·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK dudes, yesterday was quite a long night... My friend and I sat in the garage for 3 hours but we put that damn 10" K & N under the hood along with stock AFM. The job was pain in the ass though :rant: :die:

Anyway, I didn't notice the sound got louder :rolleyes: Yeah, I can hear the air sucking while reving... Or maybe I was just too tired... Probably I'll post some pics after the weekend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts